What did you and your MK2 do today?

JODmeister

May 9, 2013
Happy days, what colour and H2D

H2D?

It's anthracite grey?...hoping to get some pics up but need x15 posts.

Wheels have been reconditioned and are now gloss black. Just done a few miles in it since getting it this afternoon.

Traded in my Passat for this and I've been excited all day LOL.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
H2D?

It's anthracite grey?...hoping to get some pics up but need x15 posts.

Wheels have been reconditioned and are now gloss black. Just done a few miles in it since getting it this afternoon.

Traded in my Passat for this and I've been excited all day LOL.

Health to drive! Sound class, you need to upload your photos to the like of photo bucket then copy the link.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Had to go in to work today and set off a little too early so decided to see what MPG I could get out of the motor on a run in, mixture of 30, 40 and 60 roads, didn't think I'd ever see figures that high lol, it was actually at 38.7 as I pulled into the car park!

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Something wrong with my car, deffo lower on the back right hand side as to the left side.
Took some pictures to show yous but let me know if im imagining things!
Back Left:
IMG_7364_zpsfd57b7b3.png

Back Right:
IMG_7365_zpsafe0e8b8.png

Back Left 5 Fingers:
IMG_7359_zps813f0408.jpg

Back Right 4 Fingers:
IMG_7361_zpsa8455c54.jpg

Took it to seat to find out it was nothing other than my left hand side tyre is 225/40 & the right is 225/45 LOL.. Well at least there's nothing wrong with my car

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
Had to go in to work today and set off a little too early so decided to see what MPG I could get out of the motor on a run in, mixture of 30, 40 and 60 roads, didn't think I'd ever see figures that high lol, it was actually at 38.7 as I pulled into the car park!

Have you got your LCR mapped Crafoo I got 40mpg when i had my cupra with a stage 1 map now I have my LCR the highest I've had is 30mpg.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Maybe a busted spring? Sorry just read above post lol. At least nothings wrong! Still gonna slam it?

Yeah I thought it was a spring or something, would be just my luck with M.O.T up next Friday lol. Yeah deffo needs slammed, probably wait until after my insurance, it's up 26/06 :(

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
Just had it lowered. Dropped all the way with the helper springs still on so the front sits nicely above the tyre. Backs a bit lowered than I wanted as it seems to sit lower at the back. The garage closed at 1pm (was there until 3.30pm) so couldn't get it raised then.

However when they were going for the passenger side strut the wiper blade bolt at the bottom snapped off, so without a passenger wiper until that gets fixed. Apparently unless they can get a specific part, it's going to cost £90... awesome.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Have you got your LCR mapped Crafoo I got 40mpg when i had my cupra with a stage 1 map now I have my LCR the highest I've had is 30mpg.

No it's still in standard guise fella (for now at least ;)) had the run been another mile or two I reckon I would have cracked 40MPG.

The one thing I have noticed about this car compared to the old Mk4 Ibiza is that it still rides very smoothly in 5th just pootling around at 30mph, my Mk4 Ibiza wouldn't have been too pleased with that lol

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Just had it lowered. Dropped all the way with the helper springs still on so the front sits nicely above the tyre. Backs a bit lowered than I wanted as it seems to sit lower at the back. The garage closed at 1pm (was there until 3.30pm) so couldn't get it raised then.

However when they were going for the passenger side strut the wiper blade bolt at the bottom snapped off, so without a passenger wiper until that gets fixed. Apparently unless they can get a specific part, it's going to cost £90... awesome.

snapped off my arse, did you see it happen? The passenger side is a left handed thread, they will have broke it off coz there daft, I wouldn't be paying fook all!