What did you and your MK2 do today?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Fitted dectane fog mounted DRLs courtesy of jarre :) cheers fella! All working but 2 clips snapped boooo (double sided foam,yaaaay)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Id say get them imo they make the rear look better, almost wider, although I hate how they fade which shows up worse with a black car and would be curious to know if anyone has ever thought of wrapping them prior to fitting although always wondered how it would hold up

After a wash i spray them with autoglym rubber and vinyl cleaner/restorer. It gives them a nice sheen until it rains or lots of spray. They definitely add something to the back end.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
They look very good! I bet it took ages to get them looking like that!

Took a while buddy, but once they're like that it's easy to keep on top of them.

Wash them like normal when you wash your car, and polish them every two/three/four weeks!

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
yrava4yt.jpg

That's the best I have, sorry!

Ta Jarre, may wait until I get it lowered and have a think!

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
popped into the local paint shop to pick these up, they've done a great job, £25 to get these painted gloss black:

so got home and fitted them to the car, took the whole of 10 minutes, match my gloss black grill up a treat:

very happy!

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
popped into the local paint shop to pick these up, they've done a great job, £25 to get these painted gloss black:

so got home and fitted them to the car, took the whole of 10 minutes, match my gloss black grill up a treat:

very happy!

Looks smart. I've done one of mine. Just waiting to do last coat the seal them.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Andy they look really good! How did you remove the mirror glass, so I don't break my other one lol!

cheers mate,

the mirror glass & it's housing is held on by clips to a circular mounting bracket.

I pointed the mirrors to the outer most position using the control inside the car & then using a small screwdriver (because I couldn't get my fingers in) I prised the glass out from the top near to the inside edge & the mirror glass just popped off.

I was then able to pop the mirror covers off by prising the clips out fron the rear of the mirror covers :)

once I refitted the new mirror caps, the mirror glass just pushed back in

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
cheers mate,

the mirror glass & it's housing is held on by clips to a circular mounting bracket.

I pointed the mirrors to the outer most position using the control inside the car & then using a small screwdriver (because I couldn't get my fingers in) I prised the glass out from the top near to the inside edge & the mirror glass just popped off.

I was then able to pop the mirror covers off by prising the clips out fron the rear of the mirror covers :)

once I refitted the new mirror caps, the mirror glass just pushed back in

Cheers!