What did you and your MK2 do today?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I think his is Zenith. Dont think Track grey was an option until about 2009. Google image search Zenith Leon.

NathFRMk2

Mar 2, 2013
Essex
On the facelift models you adjust the mirror so it's facing down as much as possible and try and get you fingers behind at the top and pull firm but gently the glass and the housing should come out together. Be careful if there heated because there should be two little wires which will be connected.

Then from the inside unclip the cover, looks pretty easy to do.

Ah thanks mate, will have a look at that, mines pre facelift buy hopefully its not too much diff.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Did a deal on a CR170, hopefully should pick it up in a week or so. Theres a few things to be sorted under warranty and my plate change to be organised too! Excited! :D

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Hi,
Just poped my KN filter in.
No direct issues, everything went fine.
However very complex solution to remove/insert panel filter..:confused:
BR
Robert

You put in a K&N panel, or full intake? easy to swap the panel, just a load of screws? :)

I put my K&N panel in last week, I've seen a jump in MPG and the whistle from the turbo when it spools up is amazing! :D

Enjoy!

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
You put in a K&N panel, or full intake? easy to swap the panel, just a load of screws? :)

I put my K&N panel in last week, I've seen a jump in MPG and the whistle from the turbo when it spools up is amazing! :D

Enjoy!

Yepp, was the panel filter.
I did not go for the full intake, since i do not want to mess with the engine cover...to old for that :D:D
BR
Robert

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Received one of the primer only wing mirror covers off ebay today so got out the carbon wrap.

Started wrapping it, got 99% done but for the life of me I coulnt get it 100% crease free no matter how hard I tried or how much heat I used.
So had a strop, tore the wrap off and threw it in the bin :lol:

Going to get some plastidip and spray them insted. Unsure of what colour.

Matt or gloss black I think or something different like a matt graphite grey

Last edited:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Received one of the primer only wing mirror covers off ebay today so got out the carbon wrap.

Started wrapping it, got 99% done but for the life of me I coulnt get it 100% crease free no matter how hard I tried or how much heat I used.
So had a strop, tore the wrap off and threw it in the bin :lol:

Going to get some plastidip and spray them insted. Unsure of what colour.

Matt or gloss black I think or something different like a matt graphite grey

Iv got a couple of gloss black squares i can cut out for ya n try.or you can just practise wrapping :)

Deleted member 74601

Damn you speedy diesels...

You still don't get as good fuel economy as me though, SO HAVE THAT.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.