What did you and your MK2 do today?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I just got HD wax too, so wash, dry, clay bar, then wash, dry, SRP, Hd wax?

Whats the paint cleanser/cleaner stage ie stage1 meguairs? When would i use that?

I would also de- tar and de iron with iron x before claying. You risk swirls and holograms if you spread the tar at the clay and polish stage. AND, an somthing to remove all previous wax left on.....

Anywhere up to 5 layers of SRP which has a cleaner/cleanser/glaze so no need.

Basically its all preperation for polish to minimize risk of damage.

Its easy to ruin black paint, i know, its a $hitter....

Last edited:

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
This is the order I do it in! I only wash the once!
ta5amu4y.jpg

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Iv been using AG extra gloss protectant. Its not a wax but a last stage easy on and easy off. Also tried AG ultra deep gloss which is a nightmare to use (probably putting too much on!)

I really want to try some HD wax its 30 on ebay :)

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Iv been using AG extra gloss protectant. Its not a wax but a last stage easy on and easy off. Also tried AG ultra deep gloss which is a nightmare to use (probably putting too much on!)

Swissvax, its great stuff!!!....smells that good you want to eat it!....but I wouldn't recommend it as its rather expensive!

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester

Get youself some mate.

I think it might be coming up to that time of year when halfords do the 3 for 2 offer on all car detailing/cleaning products...

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Well,

After sourcing 2 odd wing mirrors off eBay for £30 to wrap in carbon fibre, I went vack on eBay and saw a new unused pair of the matt silver FR wing mirror covers. So bought them today as well £25 delivered

So will now have 3 choices, stock red, carbon wrapped or FR :lol:

NathFRMk2

Mar 2, 2013
Essex
Well,

After sourcing 2 odd wing mirrors off eBay for £30 to wrap in carbon fibre, I went vack on eBay and saw a new unused pair of the matt silver FR wing mirror covers. So bought them today as well £25 delivered

So will now have 3 choices, stock red, carbon wrapped or FR :lol:

Sounds awesome i was going to do a similar thing (didnt wanna wrap the originals) how easy is it to get the covers off? Ive done a search, i can find a few topics with it mentioned but no guides lol i dont wanna just start taking stuff apart :D.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Sounds awesome i was going to do a similar thing (didnt wanna wrap the originals) how easy is it to get the covers off? Ive done a search, i can find a few topics with it mentioned but no guides lol i dont wanna just start taking stuff apart :D.

Ive not tried to remove my original covers yet, but it cant be that hard.
I will look at the clips on the ones I get delivered and see how they clip in. I reckon it'll be a couple if small flat blade screwdrivers to pry them off with a bit of pressure.

Will report back once I get them :)

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Took off my cupspoiler front lip and installed the Triple R one.. great looking product, I prefer it over the cupspoiler.

cuprab10.jpg

NathFRMk2

Mar 2, 2013
Essex
Ive not tried to remove my original covers yet, but it cant be that hard.
I will look at the clips on the ones I get delivered and see how they clip in. I reckon it'll be a couple if small flat blade screwdrivers to pry them off with a bit of pressure.

Will report back once I get them :)

Ok mate thanks, i look forward to it :)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire

On the facelift models you adjust the mirror so it's facing down as much as possible and try and get you fingers behind at the top and pull firm but gently the glass and the housing should come out together. Be careful if there heated because there should be two little wires which will be connected.

Then from the inside unclip the cover, looks pretty easy to do.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise