What did you and your MK2 do today?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Managed to clean the car. Bought a hose and indoor tap adapter that permanently stays on so easy washes from now on, no more scruffy work yard!

In need of a machine polish!!!

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Again another one here who managed to clean the car,took my old decals off and replaced with these
2013-03-30134030_zps180fbe61.jpg
2013-03-30134056_zps4f6aabf7.jpg

Steveo!

To be fair it was a nice day to clean cars! Seems a few of you have been getting your hands dirty!

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
I really like the K1 btcc rear.......now,would it look a bit odd having the btcc rear bumper only on a FL Leon????............falling in love with the centre exit exhaust idea

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Is it easy to do? And did you use just one bit with no joins?:D

Yeah, it is fairly easy & yes I used one sheet of 3M carbon fibre wrap.

Remove Grill

Detach chrome surround from the rest of the grill - carefully as not to damage the clips that hold it in

place chrome grill on the wrap & then, using a heat gun (or hairdryer in my case), heat up the wrap so it stretches and smooth into place, (i was sent a little smoothing tool with the wrap) taking care & going very slowly to take out any creases or air bubbles.

You can be quite forceful if using a quality wrap as its designed to stretch.

once done, clip everyting back together & fit grill back to car

took me about an hour start to finish

EDIT:

i used this wrap, bought off Ebay, 1 50cm x 50cm sheet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-CARBON...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c199397f

Last edited:

Ryanoceros

Mar 12, 2012
Newcastle
Took it to get washed,got it home
And polished it because the people at the car wash done a shite job.
Then fitted some more led reg plate lights.
Let's see how long it is before these go pop!

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
Yeah, it is fairly easy & yes I used one sheet of 3M carbon fibre wrap.

Remove Grill

Detach chrome surround from the rest of the grill - carefully as not to damage the clips that hold it in

place chrome grill on the wrap & then, using a heat gun (or hairdryer in my case), heat up the wrap so it stretches and smooth into place, (i was sent a little smoothing tool with the wrap) taking care & going very slowly to take out any creases or air bubbles.

You can be quite forceful if using a quality wrap as its designed to stretch.

once done, clip everyting back together & fit grill back to car

took me about an hour start to finish

Awesome cheers for that. I thought that be how, you have now confirmed it for me. :D

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
229.6 bhp and 320 lb/ft on stage 2, I made 218.8 bhp on sharks rollers wednesday.

Yeh i thought you would make more, The AMD one are known to give better readings

My Stage2 map made 216 on sharks, My Stage2+ map made 228 on sharks so would be closer to 240 on AMD's

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Smee, your car looks well nice now all nice and clean..

Filled up my tank to the brim 535miles on the MFD, after a 165mile motorway run to Manc Airport it says 515miles left and only used an 1/8th of the tank. Not bad tbh lol

Now Midland VW tomorrow and Heathrow airport on Tuesday, lets see how the fuel holds out lol

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Looked around to see what its worth if i sold up...

Realistically not as much as i want, so i had to look at an older r1 over a spanking new one.you