What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
If you can afford to get one then go for it mate. You only live once and all that .

I can indeed but I think it'd be more sensible for me to keep mine a while longer, want to save abit so I can pay the finance off..

On another note, got a puncture on the side wall of my tyre so off tomorrow to get a new tyre at £100od, punctured tyres only done like 2000 mines flipsakes! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: !!!!

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Mines a FR TDI though not the petrol, like the white cupra's plus with a revo stage1 your talking 300 ponies, I like that thought!

Oh i see!
i have my FR at revo stg1, i got good gains and im pleased with it for now - although i have just emailed APR about their KO4 conversion!

Apr 9, 2009
Nice it looks textured all black now?. I bet itd be nice for door trims and other interior applications aswell

Got a linky fella?

Yeah its slightly textured, literally just like brushed metal. Like i said photos don't do it justice, might put up a quick video with it in the light tomorrow if i get a chance. I'd seen it before used on a dash and it looks incredible so my plan will be to do the head unit etc surround when i get around to getting the bits for my pioneer.

They also do a light aluminium brushed metal vinyl that i'm going to do my "CUPRA" lettering in once i get some in. For now though just the "S" badges and base of the steering wheel.

photo-7-1.jpg

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...3Mgs_JXB6KW8VW8_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv)&rt=d

Apr 9, 2009
Tackled the steering wheel insert today. Not bad considering its only the second thing i've wrapped. Was a PITA around the lettering. The letters were already scuffed etc from the previous owner so was going to get a replacement so thought i'd test this out. But tempted to paint the lettering back in now.

Really happy with this wrap, looks so much better than the original bluey/green colour. Cant wait to do the radio surround etc.

photo-9-1.jpg

photo-10-1.jpg

photo-11-1.jpg

photo-8-1.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
Smee: I got it from car craft *cringes* as they offered the best partex for my old car. Not modified Yet. Would be good to know if it was someones car before so i could know more about the history.

Apr 9, 2009
Well put it this way, those are the first two things i've ever wrapped. The bit at the base of the wheel i thought was going to be a nightmare but it was surprisingly ok, just time consuming around the lettering. Other than that it's surprisingly easy to apply. I wouldn't wrap an entire car yet :lol: but i know that the double din fascia etc is going to be really easy to do now.

Just get yourself a decent craft knife and a heat gun off amazon for £25 and you're sorted!

Apr 9, 2009
Can't imagine it would be that difficult to do. Get it nice and clean and take your time to avoid fiddly bubbles.

One thing with this wrap is that you have to line it up due to the lines, unlike a flat black which can be done at a slight angle and look alright. So that's the only thing about a part like that is that you'd want to make sure it was parallel to the rest of the lines on the car. Would love to see the outcome.

Can't wait to get the lighter silver for my CUPRA lettering. May well just try it out with this stuff first though...

Leesey

Potter
Oct 1, 2009
Stoke
Rang insurance to put in a claim, after some prat in a Corsa decided he wanted to be in my lane weather there was a car there or not!

Front bumper, Wing, Door and Wheel passenger side.

Had the good news call off my insurance that his have accepted liability, and the cars been picked up Friday for repair. Good bye Cupra..... Hello c1/107... :(.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Rang insurance to put in a claim, after some prat in a Corsa decided he wanted to be in my lane weather there was a car there or not!

Front bumper, Wing, Door and Wheel passenger side.

Had the good news call off my insurance that his have accepted liability, and the cars been picked up Friday for repair. Good bye Cupra..... Hello c1/107... :(.

demand like for like, **** having some 3 pot french tin to cover the leon, few days or week or not, thats a joke. tell them you need a car that size for "family" and one of that engine size for the use you need it for.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members