What did you and your MK2 do today?

Apr 9, 2009
Gave myself a headache with a cheap heat gun but happy with the result. Going to redo it as it's a bit creased around an edge or two but i'll save that for next weekend.

3M 1080 black brushed wrap.
(This photo was before i was finished)

photo-5-1.jpg

photo-6-1.jpg

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Regretting taking finance out on my car instead of a loan. Want a Cupra :'(

How come ?
i originally wanted a cupra but couldnt find one within my budget, or one as clean as the FR i now have.

the price of a stage 1, still cheaper than the additonal cost of a cupra - greater performance.
by the time i go stage 2, im sure ill be very happy and still cheaper than what a cupra to the standered i wanted.

the only advantage of the cupra would have been the ko4! but, im happy with out it.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Gave myself a headache with a cheap heat gun but happy with the result. Going to redo it as it's a bit creased around an edge or two but i'll save that for next weekend.

3M 1080 black brushed wrap.
(This photo was before i was finished)

photo-5-1.jpg

photo-6-1.jpg

Nice it looks textured all black now?. I bet itd be nice for door trims and other interior applications aswell

Got a linky fella?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Haha, good lad!:clap:

I was only jesting though!;)

the thing is, if i didnt get the FR i would have wanted an LCR! 2 years ago, i was still looking 15-17k for one of those!
i paid 11 for the FR, even if a conversion sets me back 2.5k thats still a fair whack under what an LCR would have cost plus map and hardware, and ill still be seeing 350-370hp. so it still feels like a suitable option for me.

my FR is low milage - around 4.5-5k a year (07 plate with 27400 on now)
serviced every 3k since ive owned it, by myself
cambelt was changed when i got it at 16K!
it was rocking the original tyres at 16k / 4 yrs when i bought it, so i changed them all. i did its first and 2nd MOT, 3rd due next month and its never had an issue (could say testing it myself im biased but im more thorough on mine than anyone elses, minus the emissions when i get a decat lol)

paintwork is near on flawless, spent 48 hours on a colour enhancement when i got it and its been carefored ever since, currently waiting till i can get it wet sanded so it really will be perfect soon.

its in good condition, more than good enough for me to feel the expenditure is worth it.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
the thing is, if i didnt get the FR i would have wanted an LCR! 2 years ago, i was still looking 15-17k for one of those!
i paid 11 for the FR, even if a conversion sets me back 2.5k thats still a fair whack under what an LCR would have cost plus map and hardware, and ill still be seeing 350-370hp. so it still feels like a suitable option for me.

my FR is low milage - around 4.5-5k a year (07 plate with 27400 on now)
serviced every 3k since ive owned it, by myself
cambelt was changed when i got it at 16K!
it was rocking the original tyres at 16k / 4 yrs when i bought it, so i changed them all. i did its first and 2nd MOT, 3rd due next month and its never had an issue (could say testing it myself im biased but im more thorough on mine than anyone elses, minus the emissions when i get a decat lol)

paintwork is near on flawless, spent 48 hours on a colour enhancement when i got it and its been carefored ever since, currently waiting till i can get it wet sanded so it really will be perfect soon.

its in good condition, more than good enough for me to feel the expenditure is worth it.
Well that's it settled then matey, GET IT DONE!!!!!!! :whistle:

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
How come ?
i originally wanted a cupra but couldnt find one within my budget, or one as clean as the FR i now have.

the price of a stage 1, still cheaper than the additonal cost of a cupra - greater performance.
by the time i go stage 2, im sure ill be very happy and still cheaper than what a cupra to the standered i wanted.

the only advantage of the cupra would have been the ko4! but, im happy with out it.

Mines a FR TDI though not the petrol, like the white cupra's plus with a revo stage1 your talking 300 ponies, I like that thought!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.