What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 74601

Enabled a few things in VCDS. Not sure I like the beeping confirmation on lock, will have to see how it goes!

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Lowered it more at the front then went to a car meet and had a great time.
enypytas.jpg

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Enabled a few things in VCDS. Not sure I like the beeping confirmation on lock, will have to see how it goes!

Thanks for the reminder, Xreyuk, I was going to turn PRL's off today, now the daylight is getting longer. I'll go and do it shortly and just drop it down to permanent sides.:clap:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Had afew hours spare earlier and cleaned the interior as much as it could clean.
vac'd light shampoo carpets seats boot and floor mats(autoglym) dash+plastic+rubber seal clean and protect, glass polish.

The outside is a disgrace still and the inside was no better

IMAG0413.jpg

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Fitted the Evoms today, changed the oil and took out the short shift and put the stock shift back in.

First time i've changed the oil on this so can somebody with more experience tell me how tight the filter housing should be? Given that it's plastic I just went with 'very hand tight'....

Pics of the Evoms install...

IMAG0614_zps3e24566b.jpg

Next the MAF housing on to the turbo - what a PITA this thing was to tighten on....!

IMAG0615_zps9029326a.jpg

And fully fitted...

IMAG0616_zps6d9e7678.jpg

And does anyone know what these screw holes are for- the gold ones at the back of the filter???

IMAG0617_zps7ade0284.jpg

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Had afew hours spare earlier and cleaned the interior as much as it could clean.
vac'd light shampoo carpets seats boot and floor mats(autoglym) dash+plastic+rubber seal clean and protect, glass polish.

The outside is a disgrace still and the inside was no better

IMAG0413.jpg

Looking good cheif!

I've had a word with the bodyshop and I've asked them to respray my bonnet as well, while it's in as its covered in stonechips.

so £120 to fix the bumper, £150 + paint to respray the bonnet, so i'm looking at £310 - £320 for the lot.

Thought i'd take the opportunity to get it looking 'right' again.

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Fitted the Evoms today, changed the oil and took out the short shift and put the stock shift back in.

First time i've changed the oil on this so can somebody with more experience tell me how tight the filter housing should be? Given that it's plastic I just went with 'very hand tight'....

Pics of the Evoms install...

IMAG0614_zps3e24566b.jpg

Next the MAF housing on to the turbo - what a PITA this thing was to tighten on....!

IMAG0615_zps9029326a.jpg

And fully fitted...

IMAG0616_zps6d9e7678.jpg

And does anyone know what these screw holes are for- the gold ones at the back of the filter???

IMAG0617_zps7ade0284.jpg

I'm sure it's says on the filter housing. Something along the lines of 20nm.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth

25nm.

very hand tight, will be fine.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Yeah, I spotted that on the filter housing but wasn't going to use a torque wrench on it because the thread has oil on it and I reckon this would lead to it been over tightened (you know, slippage and stuff on the threads) - I'm heavy handed and have lost count of the bolts and bits of plastic i've snapped!!!

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Yeah, I spotted that on the filter housing but wasn't going to use a torque wrench on it because the thread has oil on it and I reckon this would lead to it been over tightened (you know, slippage and stuff on the threads) - I'm heavy handed and have lost count of the bolts and bits of plastic i've snapped!!!

a few drops of oil on the threads and rubber seal is a good thing though, to stop the thread nipping the seal and pissing the oil back out.

so long as you've done hand tight + 1/4 turn you're about right.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i have a few logs here, a few faults came up. most where from LED and HID lights so im not worried, the other is a failure of NSR lock mech, which i knew about.

now this one, interior monitoring? any ideas guys?

1 Fault Found:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 41
Reset counter: 45
Time Indication: 0

what else can be activated on a Pre FL tfsi FR via vag com?

Last edited:

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
i have a few logs here, a few faults came up. most where from LED and HID lights so im not worried, the other is a failure of NSR lock mech, which i knew about.

now this one, interior monitoring? any ideas guys?

1 Fault Found:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 41
Reset counter: 45
Time Indication: 0

what else can be activated on a Pre FL tfsi FR via vag com?

Sounds like a loose connection on the motion sensors in the roof liner.
You had the interior front light unit out? could've caught the wire.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Sounds like a loose connection on the motion sensors in the roof liner.
You had the interior front light unit out? could've caught the wire.

never removed it, i have dropped the front of the headlining down to install my GPS antenna in it, but thats the very front and only goes in about 3/4"

is it just a case of removing the light unit and obvious to check the unit? it sits in the slotted unit right ?

NhojBob

White Van Man
Mar 1, 2013
Manchester
never removed it, i have dropped the front of the headlining down to install my GPS antenna in it, but thats the very front and only goes in about 3/4"

is it just a case of removing the light unit and obvious to check the unit? it sits in the slotted unit right ?

Cable to sensor might run close to where youve had it off

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012

That's where my knowledge ends mate, I've never had the light out or the middle of the roof liner. Maybe you disrupted it putting the antenna in. That'd be my guess anyway! :confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.