What did you and your MK2 do today?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Mk3 was decent. Theres alot going on inside and VERY roomy. Still plasticy in places its ashame really, but overall nice. Light output was turd from the led headlights id probably drive around with full beam on! the boot is huge aswell

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Yeah.. I always thought about the whole full LED feature. I have seen an Audi A6 with full LED headlights over here and the beam pattern seemed very, very weak compared to my Xenon and projector lenses, and I am running aftermarket HIDs on aftermarket headlights with projector lenses, so I am pretty sure the Mk2 Leon's Bi-Xenons are so much better than the Mk3's full LEDs.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i sent a shitty email to Apex suspension asking if they think its acceptable for springs to corrode inside out, in less than 6k!

417709_10151508615633987_1331116337_n.jpg

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Holy cow. Hopefully you'll get a replacement mate

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

if i do, they'll be going on ebay and ill be getting myself some coilovers from a different brand.
they were only going to be a short term lowering solution till i got coilys anyway as i want to go down another 15-20mm.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Just got back from Ultimate Dubs and with some pressed plates too from Dubmeister. A crap company there sold me some messed up non road legal ones with crap spacing. I took them back and argued with them after Dubmeister pointed out the faults.

Snow kicked in soon as I got there tho :( the que was huge in all directions too glad i went early morning. Also the 3 Mk2 Leons on show were amazing especially the one from Germany

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just got back from Ultimate Dubs and with some pressed plates too from Dubmeister. A crap company there sold me some messed up non road legal ones with crap spacing. I took them back and argued with them after Dubmeister pointed out the faults.

Snow kicked in soon as I got there tho :( the que was huge in all directions too glad i went early morning. Also the 3 Mk2 Leons on show were amazing especially the one from Germany

i first went to this show in 2007 was my first ever show and thought it was amazing, carried on going till 2009 and then never bothered again... same old people every year very boring IMHO

Rather go to shows like inters where there is a 1/4mile to alteast entertain you

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
That has got to be completely unacceptable!

I got them from my mate who works at a parts supplier, he said he will contact apex too and kick up, he doesnt want a rep for selling crap brands! it doesnt appear to be the first time its been an issue with them.
then he priced me up on a set of H&R coilovers. now i just need to find out if my Tfsi FR is a 50 or 55mm strut B-)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
seeing this i think they have allready taken care of another 15-20mm lowering in the near future with these springs;)

Lol, i said the exact same thing.

Well the original suspension plan was coilovers, walk and a rear arb. Just going to happen sooner than id have thought.
When i go stg 3 i will do engine mounts to. Bye bye hop! I hope its a little beast then.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
i first went to this show in 2007 was my first ever show and thought it was amazing, carried on going till 2009 and then never bothered again... same old people every year very boring IMHO

Rather go to shows like inters where there is a 1/4mile to alteast entertain you

Your right there Andrew, was my first time this year and wont be going again. Was good though but its guna be the same

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yesterday a highway maintenance lorry clipped a cone and shoved it straight out in front of my car. Hit the front bumper then got lodged underneath.

It was freezing cold and chucking it down with rain but I had a quick look and couldn't see anything at the time. I've been out this morning and it appears I have a cracked splitter and the screws have been tugged out too! I also have scuffs on the bottom of the front bumper, the top of it and the bonnet above the grill so I'm really not happy. I took a photo of the reg of the vehicle that did it and can clearly see my car pulled over in the first lane too. The guys said they know it's happened and if I have any damage to contact Redcar and Cleveland council.

Fed up of cars now :( just when I get my car how I want it, it's now damaged and probably going to have a battle to get it fixed.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Yesterday a highway maintenance lorry clipped a cone and shoved it straight out in front of my car. Hit the front bumper then got lodged underneath.

It was freezing cold and chucking it down with rain but I had a quick look and couldn't see anything at the time. I've been out this morning and it appears I have a cracked splitter and the screws have been tugged out too! I also have scuffs on the bottom of the front bumper, the top of it and the bonnet above the grill so I'm really not happy. I took a photo of the reg of the vehicle that did it and can clearly see my car pulled over in the first lane too. The guys said they know it's happened and if I have any damage to contact Redcar and Cleveland council.

Fed up of cars now :( just when I get my car how I want it, it's now damaged and probably going to have a battle to get it fixed.

Feel for you Sam, just when the modding goes well, something goes wrong or happens and totally puts you off.

This

egy3ujud.jpg

Definately not legal! Ha

Saw alot of these at the show today outside and was thinking the same lol

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.