What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Jarre your splitter probably saved the bumper. Unlucky though

Possibly!

Just been out and had a look and the bottom of the bumper is too scuffed to polish out. Equally I don't think the rest of the scuffs will polish out either.

Coupled with the fact I need to go back to uni tomorrow it's not what I wanted to have to deal with tomorrow morning!

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Put a projector headlight together to how it looks....any thoughts so far?

59efe82a360e5808990c56c7fe711d5f_zpsa07c825a.jpg

cf06653b0b6eaaf94ebbc1a555b828d2_zpsfdc4e862.jpg

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
@bigbadjay Yes, the lens is mounted in the reflector, so to say. It is much better that way and at least the electric highness control switch will work.

@rob it looks awesome, mate. I love it. It looks very OEM and properly sealed, too! I just love how the shroud is going perfectly with the reflector.

Cannot wait to see how they look when switched on and also the alignment!

Last edited:

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Look good rob. is it me or is the original reflector oblong?

Jay, you are correct. They are slightly oval in shape...to be honest it would be better if they were round but that's Seat for you! The ones I'm making for myself don't have the original reflector but you'll see those at a later date!

@bigbadjay Yes, the lens is mounted in the reflector, so to say. It is much better that way and at least the electric highness control switch will work.

@rob it looks awesome, mate. I love it. It looks very OEM and properly sealed, too! I just love how the shroud is going perfectly with the reflector.

Cannot wait to see how they look when switched on and also the alignment!

Thanks Tarek...kind comments.

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Car being picked up today for its 4 year service and cam belt change.
Got the mother in laws Civic with auto box to get to work and back.
She didn't even know she had flappy paddles with it.
My first time in one and of course its snowing!!!!!!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The joys of Seat ownership. Dreaded G201 ABS issue on Cupra has appeared :(
Called Seat UK and been asked to take it to a local dealer. As with others on here. Some have had it repaired for free, others have had to pay some or all. There is even a repair kit available so they are aware (Seat, Skoda, VW) there is an issue but have never recalled the part :censored:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Well I visited a body shop today that does work for bmw and land rover so must be good. They said since you can catch your nail in the scuffs on both the bonnet and bumper that both will need a respray, and quoted £600.

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Installed a powerflex dogbone insert.. This is probably one of the cheapest and most effective mods to make a car feel much nicer, its just unbelievable what a difference it can make!!

Nads123

Oct 16, 2012
Saw the new MK3 leon today.... Ermmm wasn't greatly impressed! i love the lights... however the rear and the sides and some other features isn't as well designed as the MK2..

jimmy1

Looks like I blew up my engine this saturday. Hope not, but it doesnt sound too good. It will take over a week untill I know what the problem is.

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
Got my LCR booked in for B12 Sportlines, whiteline Anti lift kit, Eurojet FMIC and iridium 7 spark plugs!! Can't wait to get home to get the work done!!!!

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
Brought my Leon to the repair shop this morning.

A few pages back I posted about a daytime break in.... with last october's RNS/Airbag theft still fresh in memory....

Well, last friday march 8, I got to my car at 6:15am in the morning to discover the RNS system
had been stolen for the friggin' 2ND time !

"Fortunately" the steeringwheel lock, prevented the thieves from grabbing the airbag this time around. Of course, I wasn't the only victim; just like in october, these gangs raid all accross Europe.

But it seems by now, the gangs start targetting BMW's and Audi's as well, aside from Volkswagen Group cars, so I was told at the repair shop.

I'm getting sick of it.

Last edited:

jimmy1

Went for a ride to pick up my daughter, she stayed at my parents house, cruised about 20 km then pushed down on the pedal and pulled it in the red on my first 3 gears, nothing crazy, didnt hit the rev limiter.

Then a yellow oil alarm popped up, followed by "oil pressure ... turn of engine" The alarm was gone after a few seconds. The oil light kept flashing though.

A few day before I checked my oil level and it was ok.

I didnt think much of it, since the stop engine alarm only flashed. I had this problem before and the dealer said it was just a sensor and I shouldnt worry.

The plan was to pick up my daughter and then go to the dealer later in the day.

Drove back slowly, when after a few km heading back home I heard like a humming at 3k rpm, it was not loud and barely noticable. But here I got worried.

As I got closer to home, the sound became louder and louder. I pulled over and parked the car, the engine shut down while I parked. Before it shut down the nois was real loud, like metal on metal. Not good.

I have the car for over 2 years, had no problems so far.

Just hope the engine can be fixed, replacements arent cheap.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Went for a ride to pick up my daughter, she stayed at my parents house, cruised about 20 km then pushed down on the pedal and pulled it in the red on my first 3 gears, nothing crazy, didnt hit the rev limiter.

Then a yellow oil alarm popped up, followed by "oil pressure ... turn of engine" The alarm was gone after a few seconds. The oil light kept flashing though.

A few day before I checked my oil level and it was ok.

I didnt think much of it, since the stop engine alarm only flashed. I had this problem before and the dealer said it was just a sensor and I shouldnt worry.

The plan was to pick up my daughter and then go to the dealer later in the day.

Drove back slowly, when after a few km heading back home I heard like a humming at 3k rpm, it was not loud and barely noticable. But here I got worried.

As I got closer to home, the sound became louder and louder. I pulled over and parked the car, the engine shut down while I parked. Before it shut down the nois was real loud, like metal on metal. Not good.

I have the car for over 2 years, had no problems so far.

Just hope the engine can be fixed, replacements arent cheap.

so you continued to drive, although the light was telling you different?
the issue we see with these cars is the oil pressure / low level light only comes on when there is practically no oil left, so they need to get checked regularly (even more so on the tfsi engines)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members