What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
My new baby got delivered today! What an awesome car it is. The grip and traction is ridiculous thanks to the LSD, interior is much better than the leon with leather recaro bucket seats etc. Power is instantly on tap no matter the revs and it pulls so strongly. I would recommend anyone to test drive one, you won't be disappointed I assure you. Let the modding begin !
fb256463d4daa70e1a86aa41d4ceef90_zps89bd2643.jpg

What the hells that? Thats not a VXR?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
What the hells that? Thats not a VXR?

Jesus, get with the times Matthew! I test drove the new VXR and it was hideous. Slow, fat, heavy, too expensive, **** p/x and a horrible chav image to go along with it. The new focus ST was marginally better but still underpowered and lacked feeling. Meg RS felt right as soon as i test drove it, and also the fact that it is pretty much the fastest ever fwd car around most well known tracks.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Jesus, get with the times Matthew! I test drove the new VXR and it was hideous. Slow, fat, heavy, too expensive, **** p/x and a horrible chav image to go along with it. The new focus ST was marginally better but still underpowered and lacked feeling. Meg RS felt right as soon as i test drove it, and also the fact that it is pretty much the fastest ever fwd car around most well known tracks.

For now lol honda are making their new tyre r turbo so be faster than the megane beast lol

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Ridiculously fast with track rubber on. Drove one round Bedford autodrome last year and it was fantastic. Make sure you get on to the RS track days they are a hoot with a really nice crowd. Hope the mkIII has a better built quality than the mkII! Which is the reason I just moved to the fr.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
My new baby got delivered today! What an awesome car it is. The grip and traction is ridiculous thanks to the LSD, interior is much better than the leon with leather recaro bucket seats etc. Power is instantly on tap no matter the revs and it pulls so strongly. I would recommend anyone to test drive one, you won't be disappointed I assure you. Let the modding begin !

Just watched the new fifth gear which features this, it came out on top!

From the reviews you have bought a brilliant car :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Just watched the new fifth gear which features this, it came out on top!

From the reviews you have bought a brilliant car :)

Yes they are highly rated everywhere :D , every second I love driving it, I am finding excuses to go and use it!

Ridiculously fast with track rubber on. Drove one round Bedford autodrome last year and it was fantastic. Make sure you get on to the RS track days they are a hoot with a really nice crowd. Hope the mkIII has a better built quality than the mkII! Which is the reason I just moved to the fr.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I will certainly be considering it, I will be signing up to the forum and see what's what :) It is ridiculous on road rubber, I wouldn't like to think of track tyres :p

The Megane RS is a beautiful car. Renault over here sells it but extremely overpriced.

All hot hatches are extremely overpriced even over here, your looking at 34 grand for a decent spec VXR ! Thats BMW 135i M sport money!

@Benji - What mods have you got planned for it?

Not much really mate actually ( famous last words) , a few subtle things but nothing major. I would have wanted it lowered but it actually ruins the handling in these because the suspension is so fine tuned from the factory to work as one. Once you start changing the spring rates and centre of gravity of the car you basically mess it up big style so that's something I want to avoid. Its getting a remap and scorpion Cat- back exhaust next week but that's probably as far as it will go. Obviously it will be getting a few little details like Led sidelights and number plates, short ariel etc etc :)

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden

Congrats! Looks awesome :clap:
BR
Robert

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester

GOOOOOOOODDDDD DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM that looks sweet! What bhp is it?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks everyone :) sorry I can't multi quote you all in a reply on this stupid App!
I was planning on a superchips map because of the ease but I have decided to send it back and I will be heading down to RS tuning in Leeds for a custom one instead ( highly recommended on meg forum) , figures expected are about 310-20hp with an exhaust and intake. Plenty enough for me considering the meg weighs a lot less too.

FR_Kris

Sweet I looked at one of these last month.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Am I in the right place, came here to see what people had done to their Leon's today but mistakenly ended up on the Megane RS site!!!!!!

Joking of course...

...Nice motor Benj, is it the 250 or 265? Looked at these alongside the Cupra R's and ended up siding with the VAG due to personal preferences. They do have the edge on all other FWD cars around a track but I was happy that the Cupra wasn't 'that' far behind. You picked a great colour btw ;)

T0DDY

Mar 8, 2013
SCOTLAND
Drove to work today gave it a spit and polish drove it back home needing another spit and polish!
Waste off time

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Whats a good product to clean your arches? Hoping theres something I can just spray in and power-hose out? Also best way to clean the plastic bit on the bonnet? I have back to black spray but its unbelievably CR*P, lines/streaks everywhere :( lol

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
Spray a little apc in there and agitate with toilet brush or if you want to pay £25 a vikan brush and rinse off

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Whats a good product to clean your arches? Hoping theres something I can just spray in and power-hose out? Also best way to clean the plastic bit on the bonnet? I have back to black spray but its unbelievably CR*P, lines/streaks everywhere :( lol

I use meguires tyre shine gel on the black bonnet trim, stays good for ages, its also awesome under the bonnet too!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.