What did you and your MK2 do today?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah pd motor with full vw history leather heated seats, auto lights and wipers and auto dimming mirror.
Went pretty well and nice and quiet.
I said I'll decide by tomorrow.
Going to sell my APR pump and BCS intake on the golf forum.
That's for starters

insamoufonyx

Bought myself a Multi Function Steering Wheel, Cruise Control Stalk and new Steering Control Module for my 2006 TDi Reference Sport with the BTCC Kit :)

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Are they really that good? I'm gonna be buying some tyres shortly and these are on the list but the price was putting me off. Other considerations were the Goodyears at £175 a corner or Uniroyal Rainsport2's at £115. The Michelins are £195 per corner and i'm trying to decide of they're £80 better than the Uniroyals.....?

Hi m8, sorry for little bit late reply but they really are THAT good in my opinion.
Trough the years i had quite alot of the A-list sport/street tires available, like the p-zero's, RE050A and Goodyear's.

Like you, i never looked at the supersport or pilotsport 2 because I could not imagine how they could be that much better then a 200 € tyre from one of the top brands. The Michelins are 40 € more expensive then one's above but the turn-in is insane and mid grip is probably 20/25% better than i experienced in 1.5 years of my Cupra.

Only wear could be a downside because then you payed more for less miles. But I guess every tyre wears more quickly when you drive more sporty and do an occassional trackday.

Good luck on your decision ;)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
True mate, but I will be installing a btcc kit if I buy just to make it look like mine haha.
I'm going to really miss the orange tbh =[

See tbh, I bought my first seat - one in my avatar, had every intention of putting a BTCC kit on it but I dont see the point in paying £1500 od for a kit that most leons have.. Bought most of the kit already but just gona sell it on.. Yeah your orange is VERY rare, only ever seen one over here, Not too many speed blues either :D

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
See tbh, I bought my first seat - one in my avatar, had every intention of putting a BTCC kit on it but I dont see the point in paying £1500 od for a kit that most leons have.. Bought most of the kit already but just gona sell it on.. Yeah your orange is VERY rare, only ever seen one over here, Not too many speed blues either :D

Thought you was going to finish it off with complete BTCC kit but changed mind again?? Lol

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
I want a derv too but theres no point. I'd save £500 a year in fuel but the cost to change is a good fee grand which means I'd be keeping for many many years before seeing any benefit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

this is our fitst proper run out she did 51 to the gallon with a bit of stop start and a stop start and a steady 70-80mph bearing in mind ireland doesn't realy have any motorways and she is not realy run in yet im happy with how she's doing

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Bought myself a Multi Function Steering Wheel, Cruise Control Stalk and new Steering Control Module for my 2006 TDi Reference Sport with the BTCC Kit :)

Is the steering wheel just a straight swap over ? if so how much was it and do you need a new steering control module ? .
Ive just got the bogo one and think it looks abit crap tbh and wouldnt mind swapping it for a cupra / fr wheel

insamoufonyx