What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Once again Liverpool SEAT managed to piss me off! :)

I test drove a 2.0TDi CR 170, went all of about 2 miles. I asked to go on the motorway and got 'Sorry we can't do that, we're a city centre garage'. I said the whole reason I'm looking at this car is for motorway miles, and I can't test drive it for that purpose? Won't be going back to them, its a joke.

Also my car has a trade price of £5500, which I think is ridiculous. I said I'd expect to be at the very least, £6k. I got 'What have you based that on?' So I explained there are certain websites that give you trade values and they all seem to be around the same ballpark figure. 'No you can't trust them, they're rubbish. What matters is what the dealers offer'. So I told him he won't be getting my car off me.

I know I'm 19 and a lot of young people go in trying to test drive big expensive powerful cars with no intention of buying, but you CANNOT assume that every person has no intention of buying. I will NOT be going back to Liverpool SEAT for anything, and also suggest no one else does either. They have now lost a potential sale and also lost a customer who had services done there too. It's time everyone boycotted the rubbish dealers.

Deleted member 74601

I test drove a 2.0TDi CR 170, went all of about 2 miles. I asked to go on the motorway and got 'Sorry we can't do that, we're a city centre garage'. I said the whole reason I'm looking at this car is for motorway miles, and I can't test drive it for that purpose? Won't be going back to them, its a joke.

Also my car has a trade price of £5500, which I think is ridiculous. I said I'd expect to be at the very least, £6k. I got 'What have you based that on?' So I explained there are certain websites that give you trade values and they all seem to be around the same ballpark figure. 'No you can't trust them, they're rubbish. What matters is what the dealers offer'. So I told him he won't be getting my car off me.

I know I'm 19 and a lot of young people go in trying to test drive big expensive powerful cars with no intention of buying, but you CANNOT assume that every person has no intention of buying. I will NOT be going back to Liverpool SEAT for anything, and also suggest no one else does either. They have now lost a potential sale and also lost a customer who had services done there too. It's time everyone boycotted the rubbish dealers.

We'd be boycotting every dealership.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011

One of the main reasons I have jumped ship Jarre, SEAT customer care is non existant, and its the reason why I will never ever return to a Seat again. Renault have been brilliant so far, there isn't enough they can do for me. With regard to the test drive, it isnt actually suprising they wouldnt let you on the motorway, some of my test drives they have said the same to me ( Alfa, Vauxhall+ ford). Renault didnt give a **** and the guy actually egged me on to give it some beans :D

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
One of the main reasons I have jumped ship Jarre, SEAT customer care is non existant, and its the reason why I will never ever return to a Seat again. Renault have been brilliant so far, there isn't enough they can do for me. With regard to the test drive, it isnt actually suprising they wouldnt let you on the motorway, some of my test drives they have said the same to me ( Alfa, Vauxhall+ ford). Renault didnt give a **** and the guy actually egged me on to give it some beans :D

Depends on salesman and routes they used. Down Portsmouth. They have no choice. It was the first place he took me M27. And yeah some dealerships are appalling. :eek:

fezza

Feb 3, 2013
duqutute.jpg
got her dynod :)
9y2y7e9u.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

theres a pic of your car on here
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.419485694806335.102839.328777837210455&type=3

and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinwoods/8480248916/in/set-72157632779404419

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I'm pissed off with Seat UK again!!!!!!
My wife's mk1 Leon has some corrossion coming through on the drivers front wheel arch, the external paint is unmarked although bubbling from the inside.
After lots of research I came across the vw golf bulletin about this issue caused by a foam pad rubbing away inside the wing causing the problem.
Surprise surprise the wife's car is exactly the same.
Tried claiming through the 12 year anti corrosion warranty which isa waste of time. Some shite that its caused by edge and fold???
Had the car inspected by 2 independent body shops who both confirm its a common fault and the cause being the manufacturing defect.
Still getting nowhere with Seat not so good customer care.
Getting fed up arguing now at their terrible level of service or customer commitment.
So fed up I'm even contemplating stripping my own car back to stock and finding something else with a good after sales service.
As above really if we all boycotted the shite Seat dealers then there wouldn't be many left!! And if we boycotted brands who didn't help people in or out of warranty then Seat would've been finished long ago.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.