What did you and your MK2 do today?

fezza

Feb 3, 2013
Forgive my ignorance but what's flyeyed? New to this sort of thing.

Picked up my car today... I am in love with it! Will get pictures up tomorrow :)

type flyeye kit into google images and theres a tt with before and after pic

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Installed these:

IMG_0278.jpg

Thanks to Benjic for selling them to me. I believe there was a lot of interest :D

Not the best picture, hopefully get some better ones soon :)

*EDIT*
lol benji, two minutes apart our posts :D

Looks so much better! It makes me sad but at least they have gone to a good home! :clap:
Yes you are right, you have upset a lot of people haha!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Looks so much better! It makes me sad but at least they have gone to a good home! :clap:
Yes you are right, you have upset a lot of people haha!

They do look good like. For me, I couldn't justify that amount of money on something I'd never get the benefit from! I guess they look nice to other people though. Having said that, if I could pick a set up for £150-£200 I may well end up doing it! :)

Deleted member 74601

They do look good like. For me, I couldn't justify that amount of money on something I'd never get the benefit from! I guess they look nice to other people though. Having said that, if I could pick a set up for £150-£200 I may well end up doing it! :)

I think until recently you would have been able to get that price. They were around £300 new from the dealers I think, but they upped the price due to popular demand.

As before, the latest quote I got was £405 + VAT, which comes in around £485!

The look better with the brake lights on too, but I can't take picture and press brakes at the same time! I really do think they change the look of the car so much despite being such a small mod.

All I need now is someone to make some proper headlights for the RHD cars :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Having said that, if I could pick a set up for £150-£200 I may well end up doing it! :)

Good luck with that! As alex says they are £500 near enough now, a set on ebay few weeks ago went for 360 second hand with 12 bids, probably members on here!
If you have the newer verision leon with them as standard it would be worth selling them on for easy money.
It says something when people are offering to drive 300 mile trip just to collect mine!
I wish I would have know 6 months ago or I would have bought 10 sets from dave :lol:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
When I PX my Supercopa in about 2 years time I will be offering them for a swap plus say £300. The stealers will never know.

Maybe I could do the same with the Bi xenons too..............

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Finally got my hands on this. It landed in the UK last week but unfortunatley got picked up by customs and I was billed £180 for VAT and duty. Still saved £100.

So saved my pennies, paid my dues and waiting until Friday to fit...

IMAG0566_zpsafbee18b.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
What spec is it?

Im running Stage2 organic + SMF feels lovely (Pedal is heavy compared to OEM but i like it)

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
It's the Stage 2+ and steel SMF. Apparently it still has an OEM feel to it and the steel flywheel is quieter than the aluminum one. We will see on Friday hopefully.

Although, my stock clutch has now stopped slipping, sods law really lol

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
My "Silent" SMF that wasn't silent at all on my FR TDI is silent on the LCR (We think it was due to the input shaft being knackered on my FR TDI)

Southbend advertise this as feeling OEM but its alot heavier (but i prefer it like that)

When we took out OEM kit, Clutch was in perfect condition (despite slipping like mad) DMF on the other hand was absolutely knackered (Had been rattling like a SMF since Santa Pod)

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
You have similar mileage to me too, i'm at 20k now. You're the second person who has changed their clutch recently and found the DMF is cream-crackered, think WeeG was the other.

I'm not fussed about the heavy pedal and as long as the 'chatter' isn't excessive i'll be happy - i've come from Jap rattle cans so this thing is pure silence at the moment lol

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Got to remember all of these cars are Ex-SEAT UK press cars

I went to Media day for the LCR, Rockingham ;)

The cars have also been "abused" my Magazines, Top Gear, Fifth Gear and the likes of

Soon as you map them it puts extra pressure on them so was expected

Deleted member 74601

When I PX my Supercopa in about 2 years time I will be offering them for a swap plus say £300. The stealers will never know.

Maybe I could do the same with the Bi xenons too..............

You'd get a fair whack for the xenons I reckon.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members