AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i for one like the new MK3, Even the base models look fairly good

The base model MK2's look drab at best

MK3 Cupra will be nice when it arrives

Deleted member 74601

Agree, what an incredibly boring car. When you look at the competition, Seat have gone way backwards IMO. The mk2 was quite radical at the time compared to the rest, the mk3 is a big disappointment, it's just another boring 'nice' car. I just hope they do something special with the 3dr Cupra. Then again I very much doubt it, all they do with the Cupra (looks wise) is paint the front bumper insert black, add a few nostrils and throw a few badges on. Meh.

Every car manufacturer has. So many hatcbacks look the same. The i30, Leon, Astra, C'eed, Mazda 3 all look the fooking same from the side. There's no imagination anymore, they're all trying to copy the Golf concept of plain but nice styling to sell loads of cars.

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
IMO Astra vxr looks very nice so if the 3dr cupra is anything close in shape I might go for one BUT looking at 3dr A3 it's unlikely that it will look so coupe'ish .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
In my opinion the Mk2 was done in a very smart way and some people actually thought it was a coupe, including myself a couple of years ago when I had no idea what a Leon was. lol

I just don't get why they didn't release a new shape in 2009 rather than just a very little facelift (on the outside), while the interior was vastly improved. Also when it comes to features, I don't think the Leon is lacking anything, especially if you purchase the technology, winter, and such packages then you'll be up there with the best of them.

The only beef I have with the Leon is that it came in only version in Egypt for a long time (only 1.6 MPi and no Bi-Xenon) and then a couple of months ago (about 7 or 8 months after I purchased the car), the same version but with Bi-Xenon headlights and tick taillights came out and the price difference is very, very minor, not even a 1000 USD, and that really angers me since I would have CERTAINLY got the Bi-Xenon version.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Gone out to the car this morning to find someone has nicked my rear vent off my aero kit !! .

Not happy to say the least :(

C**TS mate! i had both my front jacking point covern nicked a few months ago, despite them being cable tied on. How do u remove the rear vent bits anyway?

Nads123

Oct 16, 2012
Gave the car an Oil change and a quick wash!

Gonna go and give it a blast now!

Does anyone know whats best - Revo remap or a custom live remap done by a respected man ?

All i know is the price is alot different .......

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Basically its got about 10 plastic clips holding it in . It looks like they aint ment to come out without damaging the clips . They left abit of it in the slot still clipped in so i doubt it would have been anygood anyways !!

The thing that really boils my blood is ive just called seat for a replacement and its only a tenner anyway ,why would anyone go out there way to nick something thats a tenner !!!

TRAMP B#$¥@]ds

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
This arrived yesterday afternoon :)

IMG_0142_zpscbf506c4.jpg

IMG_0150_zpscf1ccdff.jpg

IMG_0151_zps009b7430.jpg

IMG_0152_zps5d1fc2eb.jpg

Hopefully fitting it after the rolling road day tomorrow all going well. Or i"ll wait a couple of weeks until i'm back onshore :)

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I've been cleaning the leon ALL day, two thorough washes and a bit of claybar with a third wash, first coat of polish is on the car, and she's ready to be waxed and sealed.

Here's a few pics so far

IMG_0154_zpsae308bf7.jpg

IMG_0155_zpse6e0f22d.jpg

IMG_0156_zps1c05e5d9.jpg

IMG_0157_zpsd212ca41.jpg

IMG_0158_zps991aaaa1.jpg

IMG_0159_zps5ceaca0a.jpg

Getting all ready for the Knozept Autohaus rolling road day :)

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Great minds think alike weeg lol.

I too have had a day of cleanin started this morning at 9.30am

Washed - 2 bucket method

Clayed

Washed

Used some megs scratch x on a couple of scratches

Had ti use some auto glym tar remover on a few spots

Gave it a coat of aytoglym SRP

Topped off with a coat of auto glym HD Wax

Tyres dresssed

Spent 4 hiurs on it as it was really really filthy

Now need to give the interior a goid going iver tomorrow

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
banubyvu.jpg
ygebyse6.jpg

Had a mk1 LCR splitter fitted, I think it makes the front end a lot more aggressive. I know it's no where near as good as a custom made splitter but there isn't enough people wanting one for it to be worth anyone making it!

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Love the look of your car WeeG nice and clean :) need to do mine at some point in coming weeks. Car is now back on the road after having a new bearing fitted and the ABS sensor changed. Been an expensive Winter for me :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.