What did you and your MK2 do today?

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Whats on the shortlist Kaz? Timing great as car salesmen have targets, its end of the month and you have no part ex. Thats a good position to be in

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
personally, i dont think i could go from a Leon to an A3, far too similar for my liking, albeit Audi does have the nicer touches.

You saying that, i asume you want to stick around the same size vehicle then ?

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
No idea :) I'm creating my list this evening! Audi A3 is certainly up there though.

As said on your other thread

Mk1 Focus RS for 12 months & youd probably get back what you paid for it

Then decide what you really really want long term as you said this new car will only be for 12 months :)

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
I just polished and waxed my car indoors. Can't think why as it'll look shite in a day or 2 but I feel better for it at the moment :D

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Went to wash the car but remembered that i left the stuff at my mums.... :( so just ended up changing the repeaters from clear to smoked
Before
3apenyty.jpg

After
re9ynu8u.jpg

Great little mod love the difference it makes :)

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Sold my Leon - end of an era!

Wow I know u said you was selling but I didn't think it would go quite that fast, well done.
Good luck with finding a new car, I'd have the new a3 in a heartbeat, I think they look great and have the best interior of pretty much any car imo

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Wow I know u said you was selling but I didn't think it would go quite that fast, well done.
Good luck with finding a new car, I'd have the new a3 in a heartbeat, I think they look great and have the best interior of pretty much any car imo

Hey Calv, thanks, yeah went pretty quickly since seeing you on Friday lol.

The new A3 is a lovely car! It's definitely on the list. Weighing up all options at the moment :)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Looking good benj!

And kaz... U seen the Citroen ds3 racing? Great little pocket rocket

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Car cleaned externally :) realised my new exhaust trim is too small :( have to order the newer nicer one, oh well!

Anyway, tried one alloy on the car to see what it was like:

aqumu7y7.jpg

pe2e6upe.jpg

yqadusyr.jpg

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Jarre did you try the valet pro snow foam?

wheels look good, theyre easy maintenance too. might be an idea to put some wheel sealant on them before you fit them on the car

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Solved my spongey brake pedal. Found out that when the mechanic fitted the coilovers and my new wheel bearing, he did not fully tighten the wheel hub bolt and its slowly been coming loose ever since. The hub was that loose that I could move it eaisly with my hand and shake it.. I was soo pissed off that I was driving a mobile death trap waiting to give way [:@]:censored: Its now left a loud wheel noise coming from that side :(

The mechanic is in for it next week. Brakes now sorted, going to take it to another garage in the week who are going to strip the N/S/F wheel down to the bearing and fix everything up properly. Coz of this its ruined my wheel speed sensor on that wheel

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Solved my spongey brake pedal. Found out that when the mechanic fitted the coilovers and my new wheel bearing, he did not fully tighten the wheel hub bolt and its slowly been coming loose ever since. The hub was that loose that I could move it eaisly with my hand and shake it.. I was soo pissed off that I was driving a mobile death trap waiting to give way [:@]:censored: Its now left a loud wheel noise coming from that side :(

The mechanic is in for it next week. Brakes now sorted, going to take it to another garage in the week who are going to strip the N/S/F wheel down to the bearing and fix everything up properly. Coz of this its ruined my wheel speed sensor on that wheel

I had this too! Marshall seat in Cambridge took my wheels off for something (can't remember wot it was in for) and didn't refit it properly. I was driving home and could feel a slight vibration and hear a loud noise like a wheel bearing. Got home and jacked it up, took off the bolt cover and 3 of them fell out and the other 2 wernt even done up tight! I couldn't believe it. Took pictures and confronted them about an hour later and they denied everything.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.