What did you and your MK2 do today?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I Just turned 20 today lol, £1500's awesome! Insurance on my FR was £2800 (Its only a TDI), Bloody rip off. Though ill be on 3years no claims when my next insurance is up, Better be much cheaper!
I Love all the astra Vxr's look so mean! Im yet to try DSG, might go test drive a cupra to see what its like :p

Happy birthday man :)

Holy **** 2800 !! Who are you with ? Try a quote with aviva... They have always been excellent for me, a grand cheaper than everywhere else usually.

Cupra's dont have the DSG so it will have to be an fr or lower model :p

I'm sure the new Cupra will be very nice and if seat release details soon then I might still get one. It will only be worth waiting for if it has DSG, the newer EA888 engine and a proper mechanical LSD!

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
For those interested,
I went and looked at the Astra and they are beautiful, plus even better to drive. Feels a lot lot slower than my fr though which seems strange when the vxr is supposed to have 280hp and my fr about 300hp. ( checking the weight of both as we speak) but I'm sure a remap will sort that out.
With partners discount and vauxhall deposit allowance, I'm can get one for 23995 with aero pack, leather seats and sat nav which I think is a bargain. The deal breaker may be the lack of DSG style gearbox but I will have to see. I find out about my new job on Monday so if it is positive news I will probably go ahead with it :)

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
drove down the wrong side of a dual carriageway ( legally) after the police spun us all round due to a car flipping over onto its roof after losing it on the snow at 715 this morning.

roads were iffy but passable though driving was pretty scary

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
Oh...I've ordered a forge one but haven't fitted it as yet. Spoke to one company in Portsmouth about fitting it. But they said I need to change loads of stuff. It just put me off because I thought it was a one off swap.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
Worked a 10 hour shift then came home to give both the leon and s3 a well deserved bath.

Also fitted some wind deflectors to the leon. Will see how I get on with them :)

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
For those interested,
I went and looked at the Astra and they are beautiful, plus even better to drive. Feels a lot lot slower than my fr though which seems strange when the vxr is supposed to have 280hp and my fr about 300hp. ( checking the weight of both as we speak) but I'm sure a remap will sort that out.
With partners discount and vauxhall deposit allowance, I'm can get one for 23995 with aero pack, leather seats and sat nav which I think is a bargain. The deal breaker may be the lack of DSG style gearbox but I will have to see. I find out about my new job on Monday so if it is positive news I will probably go ahead with it :)

They look great in the real. Saw a red one with 20 inch alloys going round a roundabout a while ago. Certainly had presence on the road and the arches seem more flared than they do in the pics. Shame it hasn't got a flappy paddle box though.

ahmedelbaghdady

Painted my mirrors gloss black, they look amazing on the candy white Leon

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
removed window sliders, refitted and alligned so the window is now working correctly and no longer falling out B-)

removed door lock, found the cause for it not opening from the outside, so stripped it down and built it back up. it works again, but for how long...well, 2 hours of my time is better than £100+ for the minute.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise