What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Looking good Jarre, it will settle a bit more too over the next few weeks. How have your winters performed?

How do you get on with your wind deflectors btw, Im just about to press the button on a set on ebay. Any condensation problems, whistles etc?

Cheers :) yeah I've removed the mudflaps since which helps with the look too! The winter tires are good, seem to have plenty of grip :)

Wind deflectors are good. Not going to lie though, there is an increase in wind noise, not loads, but noticeable, no whistling though! The one problem i have with mine is that (only in a car wash) I ill get a little drip of water running down the inside of the window. May be able to push them further up the channel to prevent this but not looked as it isn't a huge problem. No condensation issues either. Definitely keeping them!

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Cheers :) yeah I've removed the mudflaps since which helps with the look too! The winter tires are good, seem to have plenty of grip :)

Wind deflectors are good. Not going to lie though, there is an increase in wind noise, not loads, but noticeable, no whistling though! The one problem i have with mine is that (only in a car wash) I ill get a little drip of water running down the inside of the window. May be able to push them further up the channel to prevent this but not looked as it isn't a huge problem. No condensation issues either. Definitely keeping them!

Cool, I'll give some a go then! :)

Removed your mudflaps? Why? They make the rear end look wider and lower and keep it cleaner for longer. Or are you on about your front ones?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cool, I'll give some a go then! :)

Removed your mudflaps? Why? They make the rear end look wider and lower and keep it cleaner for longer. Or are you on about your front ones?

Yeah definitely worth a go :)

I've taken all off for now but may put the rear ones back on. I'll get a photo of the back and front of the car tomorrow. The back looks fairly low to the ground tbf, I'm happy!

ejr

Nov 12, 2012
Be very very careful with them sills ejr, I have the very same ones and they stain extremely easily from the salt etc on the roads because the surface is just raw brushed aluminium. I always cleaned them too once a week with warm water and shampoo ( don't use any type of cleaner on them) , but over time they still became tatty and looked crap. I suggest getting quite a few layers of wax on them ASAP ( and keep waxing them regularly) or even better laquer them, because I certainly regretted not doing it after throwing 60 quid down the drain. I have vinyled over mine now with carbon to cover the staining, but they do look quite cool fortunately.[/QUOTE]

Benjic2, thanks for that mate, will get some wax on tomorrow. Would rather laquer, but most likely damage them trying to get them off.

Deleted member 74601

Having heard many people saying it makes the ride more comfortable, I'm tempted with some sportlines (on a 1.6TDI Eco Derv like :p)

Do they really improve the ride that much?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Having heard many people saying it makes the ride more comfortable, I'm tempted with some sportlines (on a 1.6TDI Eco Derv like :p)

Do they really improve the ride that much?

Hmmm it's debatable. On undulating roads the ride is better, a lot more planted. However on a road with potholes or a shite old surface then that is when it gets interesting and quite tedious. Hit a pothole and it will feel like you have jumped off the Empire State Building and landed on your arse. If you mainly do motorway miles or your commute is on roads that are well maintained then go ahead, but if you regularly use country roads or drive in the town then then the only positives are the aesthetics and cornering ability.
People following me must think I'm drunk with the way I try to avoid the potholes :cartman:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Hmmm it's debatable. On undulating roads the ride is better, a lot more planted. However on a road with potholes or a shite old surface then that is when it gets interesting and quite tedious. Hit a pothole and it will feel like you have jumped off the Empire State Building and landed on your arse. If you mainly do motorway miles or your commute is on roads that are well maintained then go ahead, but if you regularly use country roads or drive in the town then then the only positives are the aesthetics and cornering ability.
People following me must think I'm drunk with the way I try to avoid the potholes :cartman:

This.

I had made the decision to stay stock a while ago based on reviews like this.
Living in Northumberland I come across a lot of badly maintained and windy roads. Shame I can't get the handling... :(

Last edited:

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Do these replace the whole holder then? Just plug and play?

Could be the first I've seen to work on fl Leon, very good.
Cheers
D

Yep i have some...litarally take the old ones out of the bumper...plug in the new ones (make sure you push the plug in all the way) and bobs your uncle....their brill iv had mine a while now and no errors at all

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Interior LED's fitted. Job and a half getting the front assembly out.
Went with the red as i have the pre fl with large MFD.
Next job new tyres and booked in for service and cam belt.
Then hopefully HIDs.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Received LED rear lights for my pre-fl from FK.
Pestered the life out of paul7619 on here for info.
One easy bulb swap ( red fog light for clear reverse) and a simple wiring change with a new bulb holder and they'll be legal for the UK. :funk:

Will fit them next week when I have all the bits and post some pics up :)

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
Came back to my car with this beauty running down the side, from the wing mirror to the fuel cap...

No idea how to get it off, its not scratched, just like a oil pastel line that wont budge.

http://imgur.com/6Qzmb
6Qzmb.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise