What did you and your MK2 do today?

ejr

Nov 12, 2012
Also fitted the mk5 pedal kit yesterday, which by the way I think should have been fitted to the supercopa as standard equipment...
P1000309_zps10aa420e.jpg

Fitted a little addition to the interior so I know what I'm driving:)..
P1000310_zps9e87cc0c.jpg

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Today i fitted her up with some genuine seat leon mudflaps for the rear...actually looks a lot better with em on...stops her rear end getting to dirty ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Were the pedals difficult to fit?

They aren't from what I understand. Every pedal is just a cover that goes on the pedal, apart from the accelerator which is a whole new unit, but it's just a couple of screws I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

ejr

Nov 12, 2012
Also fitted the mk5 pedal kit yesterday, which by the way I think should have been fitted to the supercopa as standard equipment...

Were the pedals difficult to fit?

I watched this video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoBBRnSc9E

I had problem with the accelerator where the guy puts the screwdriver under the front of the pedal to prise the pedal off. The LHD and RHD pedals are a different shape at the front. I ended up breaking the lugs off the pedal. maybe I was a bit to rough:shrug:..

Broken lugs on removed pedal..
P1000312_zps2175fc19.jpg

Last edited:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
good exterior wash and abit of autoglym aqua wax looks lovely. also found a huge lump of tar on the rear 3/4 panel. Some tardis persuaded it to surrender

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I used scissors when fitting my pedals, handy also if you look at the pedal which is not on yet

on a side note, anyone know why my quick reply has vanished?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Gave it a full wash and ice polish with megs carnauba wax to finish. Sparkling now :) Needs clay bar done to the paint work as it did feel a lil rough. Maybe in the spring sometime.

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Gave it a full wash and ice polish with megs carnauba wax to finish. Sparkling now :) Needs clay bar done to the paint work as it did feel a lil rough. Maybe in the spring sometime.

Any pics khal i havent seen it since you have dropped it on coilovers

I fitted mtec cosmo blue bulbs and led sidelights today they look so much better . I tryed getting the indicator bulb out to replace the egg yoke ones i have for silver jobbies , i couldnt get it out for the life of me , i spent a good half hour trying to remove and give up :(

Forgot how i got them out before im sure it was turn and pull ????

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Any pics khal i havent seen it since you have dropped it on coilovers

I fitted mtec cosmo blue bulbs and led sidelights today they look so much better . I tryed getting the indicator bulb out to replace the egg yoke ones i have for silver jobbies , i couldnt get it out for the life of me , i spent a good half hour trying to remove and give up :(

Forgot how i got them out before in sure it was turn and pull ????

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367799&page=2

Pics are in there Lee but it was not as sparkling as today haha lol still clean though

And sidelights is a turn and pull job but in a certain way

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
looks spot on that are those 18s?

Yup they are 18s :)

If they are 18's they look huge and look awesome, I may invest in some reps with a custom paint job too ;)

They do look big for 18s, I thought that too, it must just be the design that makes it appear that way :) Get it done, they look awesome on the Leon, especially with the concave dish kind of look

That looks real evil now bud , sets the car off a treat :). The spacers will make them fill the arches better , ive got 15mm back and 10mm front and ive never had any issues .

Cheers mate :) I was going to try them today but I just haven't had the time, hopefully they won't stick out too much, yours looks just right. What are the original et on your wheels?

Drizzle.. Got the sill guards from Germany mate.
Arrived within 3 days of ordering. They are a nice piece of kit.
Got them from here..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121037360006?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Be very very careful with them sills ejr, I have the very same ones and they stain extremely easily from the salt etc on the roads because the surface is just raw brushed aluminium. I always cleaned them too once a week with warm water and shampoo ( don't use any type of cleaner on them) , but over time they still became tatty and looked crap. I suggest getting quite a few layers of wax on them ASAP ( and keep waxing them regularly) or even better laquer them, because I certainly regretted not doing it after throwing 60 quid down the drain. I have vinyled over mine now with carbon to cover the staining, but they do look quite cool fortunately.

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
egedu7es.jpg

My car on sportlines :) will obviously look better with summer alloys on :)

Looking good Jarre, it will settle a bit more too over the next few weeks. How have your winters performed?

How do you get on with your wind deflectors btw, Im just about to press the button on a set on ebay. Any condensation problems, whistles etc?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.