t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great update mate! As ever great to see you getting stuck right in and carried away.. :)

Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good update loon - car is in the right place for it all to happen. You should waxoil it on the pit too.
I'm undercoating everything, sills, behind the rear bumper, behind the front bumper and patch up underneath too.

Good to see progress on this again Willie. BTW I've still got yon carbon bit off the engine cover for you, if you still want it just ping me a PM and we'll arrange to get it to you.

Aye aye Nial, I would still like this, thank you for keeping it for me. Lifes been busy and difficult this past while, this totally slipped my mind. If you can bring it to the next meet it would be great, thank you.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Great update mate! As ever great to see you getting stuck right in and carried away.. :)

Looking forward to seeing this all come together.
Ha ha, you have me down to a T.
I love to get stuck in then end up going OTT and getting carried away.

Cheers, its good to be back working on it

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Wull, great to see you've been bitten by the bug again big style:) welcome back bud.

Not sure if only using the top bolts on the headlight would work particularly well on the road, the unit would bounce about a fair bit. How about the grommet idea we talked about a few years back? Can't believe that's been 6 years since the fmic went on, talk about time flying!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Wull, great to see you've been bitten by the bug again big style:) welcome back bud.

Not sure if only using the top bolts on the headlight would work particularly well on the road, the unit would bounce about a fair bit. How about the grommet idea we talked about a few years back? Can't believe that's been 6 years since the fmic went on, talk about time flying!
Cheers Craig.
The grommet idea was looked into but the distance from the bolt heads from the bumper is too great to make this feasible.
My next option is a quick release bumper which seems the better option just now.
Yeah its about 6 years, seems like ages.

Good to see you at the car again mate, as you know mine will be out soon when i get the head back.
Cheers Phill, looking forward to seeing your car back on the road and hearing your feelings of it too

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Nice update there pal :D

Would you say it's possible to remove the Air Con without pulling the front end off with some wiggling and swearing? What belt are you going to use now, one from a non AC Golf? It's on my to do list as its free and I'm trying to do a bit of research before I crack on. Let me know how you get on with the inner gubbins!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice update there pal :D

Would you say it's possible to remove the Air Con without pulling the front end off with some wiggling and swearing? What belt are you going to use now, one from a non AC Golf? It's on my to do list as its free and I'm trying to do a bit of research before I crack on. Let me know how you get on with the inner gubbins!

Ape you can remove the air con with out taking the front off I did , also you want a belt from a 1.8 golf non turbo
Dan, did you have your oil filter off at the time?
I seem to remember this being close to the back of the radiator.
Ape, its no big deal to remove the front end.
If I was to do the air con removal again I'd do it the same way.
To get all the air con pipes out you need to remove a fair amount of 'stuff' as it goes under the offside engine mount and round the back of the brake Master Cylinder.
Go on pull your engine out, its thearoputic

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Dan, did you have your oil filter off at the time?
I seem to remember this being close to the back of the radiator.
Ape, its no big deal to remove the front end.
If I was to do the air con removal again I'd do it the same way.
To get all the air con pipes out you need to remove a fair amount of 'stuff' as it goes under the offside engine mount and round the back of the brake Master Cylinder.
Go on pull your engine out, its thearoputic

Ah I see, I'll have a dig around and see what can be wiggled and where.

As for removing the lump, it's therapeutic when done in a garage, not on the driveway. Done that before now :cartman:

Keep the updates coming bud :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ah I see, I'll have a dig around and see what can be wiggled and where.

As for removing the lump, it's therapeutic when done in a garage, not on the driveway. Done that before now :cartman:

Keep the updates coming bud :D
You have got spell check then, ha ha.
Updates won't be coming thick and fast for a few weeks but perhaps some purchase news will.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
You have got spell check then, ha ha.
Updates won't be coming thick and fast for a few weeks but perhaps some purchase news will.

Only an in built one. For some reason I've never been too shabby at spelling and grammar. If only that ability was the same when it comes to maths and understanding women :cartman: :cry: :blink:

There's only a few threads I follow with peoples projects, it's nice to see them coming along :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
New bits in coming!!

After seeing how many people have been snapping rods recently I was helpfully advised to get some.
Today I have paid for IE 144x20mm rods from Badger 5.
These are rifle drilled and in STOCK :)

Along with this I've picked up another O2M LCR gear box, wish bones, subframe and some switches.
The mechanical parts or part of me stock piling for my cars potential future.
I hope one day to be racing this car, any spares will come in handy.

I have a huge list of things to do this time home.
As usual a substantial list of bits to order from David @ SereMotors too.

There are a few surprise bits to fit that as yet no one has fitted to a LCR, that I have seen anyway :)

Onward with the function over form attitude,
Stiff over compliant,
Lighter over comfier :)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Sounds good min :) you planning on diffing that spare 02M as well?

Any spannering you want a hand with, geez a shout ;)

"function over form" - has it been anything else for the last couple of years?? :D

kwalker705

function over form ?? then why in gods name am I fixing your back bumper.....should cut out a 1sqft section where the dent is and save weight !!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sounds good min :) you planning on diffing that spare 02M as well?

Any spannering you want a hand with, geez a shout ;)

"function over form" - has it been anything else for the last couple of years?? :D
Funny you should say that about the Diff. I have a few thoughts but will see if anything interesting comes up. I now have 2 spare O2M gear boxes.

Looks Great!
Thank you

function over form ?? then why in gods name am I fixing your back bumper.....should cut out a 1sqft section where the dent is and save weight !!
Because your a gweed loon :p
It's only taken my 6 years to do something about it, lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members