Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I thought you'd taken yours oot, I remember you talking about the weight of the compressor and looking for a fan setup for inside lol
Not yet.
I won't remove this till I get a heated front screen.
with all these guys tracking their Leon's the price of this will come down.
The minimum order is 10

there is some weight in all the stuff i had removed.
just in the compressor alone there must me a good 10-15kg, then theres the radiator and the pipework.
reckon i've saved at least 25-30kg at a guess. unfortunately i don't have a set of scales to weigh them on lol.

you gonna get one of these 3" TIP from badger5 willie or are you happy with things powerwise???
Not got a 3" TIP yet and knocked back a cheap one recently too ;)
I have been in talks with my mapper about this and we're not too sure about it yet TBH.
I'm on the fence about this just now, it's early days.

I will see how well these perform in the future.
TBH the thing that is holding me back on more performance just now is getting my AFR gauge rigged up. There is still room in my mapping for more power but the lines between what's safe and what's pushing the boundaries will be getting crossed with more power.
So AFR readings will become very important as when things go wrong you want to know about it quickly and act quickly.

have you got gauge pods for the centre console then?

i'm after a set of these as i'm going to do away with my vents in the centre in exchange for an AFR gauge, oil press. gauge and oil temp gauge

seen one on ebay but i'm not too sure about it

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Rip the a/c oot to fook min. The blower will do just as good a job.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Awa wi ye min. I never missed mine when I tossed it oot. The windaes aye gum up mair fan ye use the a/c anyway.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Shes on the move!!

I've rebled the brakes and all seems well for now, there was a bit of air in the rear brakes, now its all good.
I've gotten a price for a new brake MC but hoping I don't have to do down that route.
I've got small square easyouts so will tackle the broken nipple with this first and see how I get on.

AND.....

She on the move today to her new home for a bit :D

It's been a long time coming but wish I had done it much sooner.

Pictures of her tucked up in her new home to follow.

More toys have arrived too so will update this soon with pictures as we all know people like pictures

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Happy in new home, for now

After making a conscious effort to get a garage one was found and now she's in it.

IMAG0248.jpg

This makes things so much easier, should have done this years ago.

So with the car tucked up in her new home for a bit was time to get fired in.

Before:
IMAG0250.jpg

First off was to get the bonnet off to allow me better access to things. This was very easily done and with a mates help was off in minutes.
For all those guys who have spent £450+ on carbon and glass fibre bonnets how heavy are these?
The OEM one cannot weigh more than 15 Kgs, so for now it'll be staying OEM. I will be fitting bonnet pins, removing the OEM latching mechanism and cutting out as much of the metal work as possible. I'll weight this before and after.
This weight saving will only cost me what the bonnet pins cost, I'll possible remove the lifter too as you can fit 4 bonnet pins and use 2 as hinges

IMAG0263.jpg

With the bonnet off next up was to remove the wipers and mechanism.
I found the wipers a PITA to remove but found a 17mm open end of the spanner the perfect tool to lift the wipers up while pushing down on the centre fixing point.

IMAG0260.jpg

The scuttle panel was a right pain to remove too. It is pressed into a slot with a V shaped edge on the scuttle, once you get rough with it it soon comes free.

With the wipers and scuttle off the wiper mechanism with a straight unbolt and prise out this allowed full access to the access for the communications points between the engine bay and the inner car.

Viola
IMAG0266.jpg

As with everything I was hoping for an easy lift with this but it was not going to be. I had hoped to be able to remove this piece, drill, pull cables and grommet it. There is not enough room to allow this to be disconnected from the inner connections.
My plan ahead is to cut a slit in this boot and pass the cables through this, then reseal it.
I paired back the tape to expose the feed point in this boot but it was all sealed up with glue.

IMAG0267.jpg

A small slit has been cut into the side of this and the cables will be pulled through it, had it only been a boost hose it would have been easier, but due to the AFR gauge connection the slit needs to be a bit bigger. No biggie though.

This was today's jobs, tomorrow will be to run the boost gauge hose and AFR gauge wires.
I'll also try to gain better access to the snapped bleed nipple and attack it with my easy outs.
Hoping for quick progress from now on till the money runs out :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.