csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
The brake refurb is only the rear brakes and the spare front caliper I have. The offside caliper needs its bleed plugs replaced.
The front end will be getting HEAPS done.
Timing belt, tensioner and water pump. Oil pump change with chain and tensioner too.
Baffled sump to be fitted and Mocal 13 row oil cooler.
New lightweight battery fitted in OEM place.
BTCC type air scoop for air filter and 45 degree elbow.
Cold air routing for this too.
Change out twin fan assembly behind radiator.
Change out juiblee clamps for Milkalor ones.
Remove cam cover and replace VVT seal that's leaking.
Remove not fit for purpose so called uprated engine mounts and fit PROPER ones, Vibratech race spec ones.
Change out hosing on catch can.

Fair old list but these have got to be done before any racing this year.

Also depending on what David (mapper) says about a 3" TIP this could also be on the cards

Nice, VERY nice mate :) Good to see a big list of bits to be done, will be very satisfying to complete that little lot! When are you planning on hitting the track this year?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Shopping spree!!!!

The credit card is getting some abuse the day!!!

4 x R888's, bought

2 x Vibra-technic Competition transmission and engine mounts, bought

OEM parts getting priced up as I type this

Its a cracking day so away to get on with the rust battle :)

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
The credit card is getting some abuse the day!!!

4 x R888's, bought

2 x Vibra-technic Competition transmission and engine mounts, bought

OEM parts getting priced up as I type this

Its a cracking day so away to get on with the rust battle :)

Nice work...good to see you back on here...Im starting to get my car ready for MOT this friday as i have a day off...imagine its going to be a long list haha

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
VT race mounts are very firm Willy. will hold the motor well of course but you will feel a lot of the motors vibrations thereafter

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice work...good to see you back on here...Im starting to get my car ready for MOT this friday as i have a day off...imagine its going to be a long list haha
Hopefully not too painful for you.
Its good to be back ****in we the car

VT race mounts are very firm Willy. will hold the motor well of course but you will feel a lot of the motors vibrations thereafter
Thank you Bill.
I know these are going to be stiff but not too sure how till I fit them.
This car needs to be moving more towards all out track and less road confort.

Good stuff bud!!

Where did you get the R888's from? I'm looking to change from my Parada's :)
I got a super dooper deal ;)
I picked up these second hand off of here

Aye, annoys the hell out of passengers but I love it :cartman:
I will put up with the vibrations to feel the benefits.
The SPEC stage 1 clutch was horrible with OEM mounts, slightly better with INA mounts and remarkably better with the Superflex stiff as hell DBM, I'm hoping it will all come together with the VT Coimpetition mounts.

The cars moving into more hardcore!!!
:D

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
i have still to take you you for a blast in the new cupra...in fact you still havnt seen it!
just got a few niggly things to sort...then off to my good mate randy to test it :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Today's been another successful day.
I had hoped to get the rear caliper seals early on today and get these built back up but no sign of these yet.

The rear calipers were left to cure for 24 hours so today was time to lacquer these.
I have Halfords clear lacquer, which would do the job nicely

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

They came up quite well for a ham fisted guy with little finesse, well I'm chuffed we then anyway and they should last another 8 years.

Next up when the day got a bit warmer was to Kurust the bare metal and rusty spots.

These were buffed flat and as much of the rust removed as possible, thankfully this was all just surface rust so was easy to tackle.

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

The Kurust did its job turning the rust purple and leaving a nice finish for the primer.
2 coats of primer then 2 coats of Gloss black were applied, leaving this

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

I'm fair chuffed with it. Its all going to be hidden with the side skirt anyway but at least I know its all sound under there.

So just finishing off my shopping list to David at Sere and away to buy some Mikalor clamps to sort out the boost hose popping problem, which hasn't happened for a while.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thank you Bill.
I know these are going to be stiff but not too sure how till I fit them.
This car needs to be moving more towards all out track and less road confort.

I fitted some to the A3 Quattro GT2871 I did a couple of years ago.. It was firm yes, but the most "tight" car I have driven... totally planted, no wibble, just very controlled went where you pointed it kinda car.. Mounts were part of that, gear selection was precise at all times. Car won its first few events hill climbing with its new owners.. Not bad for a road car. I think you will luv them once you got used to them. superb for track

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I fitted some to the A3 Quattro GT2871 I did a couple of years ago.. It was firm yes, but the most "tight" car I have driven... totally planted, no wibble, just very controlled went where you pointed it kinda car.. Mounts were part of that, gear selection was precise at all times. Car won its first few events hill climbing with its new owners.. Not bad for a road car. I think you will luv them once you got used to them. superb for track
Thanks Bill, I wish I had taken you advise before investing in the INA/034 ones.
In my mind these are total shite, but others might see it differently, lol
My car is very well planted as it is just now, if it feels even better to drive after fitting these there will be big smiles all around.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
VT ones are well engineered but their price reflects it.
I wont comment on the other mounts you had... someone will think I am picking on them otherwise.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
We paid £220 plus customs, shipping and inter Britain shipping for the full set of INA engine mounts including a DBM. The VT ones are £160 and £180 for the trans and engine mounts only. Buy cheap buy twice.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.