Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
So how can John be pulling 370ft-lbs of torque with the same MAP as mine and I'm running max MAP pressure between 3,000-5,000 RPMS?
Cheers Phill

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Let me be the first to say it, I doubt the results.

Joking :) really good figures. What people need to remember is the look of the graph not the figures. Yes it's very high boost but you never know might last for a while. I personally think willie wants a new turbo ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Let me be the first to say it, I doubt the results.

Joking :) really good figures. What people need to remember is the look of the graph not the figures. Yes it's very high boost but you never know might last for a while. I personally think willie wants a new turbo ;)
I might be needing a new turbo after I let hamfisted idiots work on my car

But have a price for a turbo redress

VR6T

Willie just been looking into the boost readings that are on the plots and i would like to know where they connected there tube to the car.

VR6T

If i had more than 15 posts i would post up the to different logs spread sheet :-(

VR6T

Here is a copy of the VAGCOM log data we did at 22deg ambient (June 2010) and 4 deg ambient (this week). If you look at the data you can see that the map sensor doesn't see the boost that was shown on the RR plot. It reels it in as expected..
You can also see that your turbo is lagging a little behind on the requested but the car was still 1 second quicker on log 2... I wish i had taken a note of the atmospheric pressure for the two logs to show how this off set the performance..
Legend:-
RPML1 = Log 1 revs 22 degrees outside air temp
PRML2 = Log 2 revs 4 degrees outside air temp
BOOST R1 = Log 1 Boost requested
BOOST A1 = Log 1 Boost actual
BOOST R2 = Log 1 Boost requested
BOOST A2 = Log 1 Boost actual
lcrLOGDATA.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Here is a copy of the VAGCOM log data we did at 22deg ambient (June 2010) and 4 deg ambient (this week). If you look at the data you can see that the map sensor doesn't see the boost that was shown on the RR plot. It reels it in as expected..
You can also see that your turbo is lagging a little behind on the requested but the car was still 1 second quicker on log 2... I wish i had taken a note of the atmospheric pressure for the two logs to show how this off set the performance..
Legend:-
RPML1 = Log 1 revs 22 degrees outside air temp
PRML2 = Log 2 revs 4 degrees outside air temp
BOOST R1 = Log 1 Boost requested
BOOST A1 = Log 1 Boost actual
BOOST R2 = Log 1 Boost requested
BOOST A2 = Log 1 Boost actual
lcrLOGDATA.jpg

fella.. you do realise the map sensor cannot read more than 22psi yea? so the dynos 5 bar map sensor is actually reading it as it was....... 26-27psi peak.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members