PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Sits perfectly level and central as well. Happy days, took the best part of 8 hours just to mount the cooler tho but its totally worth it.

DSC05205.jpg

DSC05198.jpg

DSC05195.jpg

Jan 13, 2010
UK
Looking very nice phill, intercooler looks very much like a pro alloy cooler but only 10nth of the cost lol

let me know when your out and about ;)

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
looks awesome now m8 with the big cooler on, is it running yet? where did you get the hose for your catch can from i split mine yesterday and may aswel now fit a catch can

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Looks great Phil all of it. I've often woundered how good these coolers are as they look the business and cost so little. I'm looking forward to see your vagcom logs.
An awesome car and one of the best readers rides on here, keep up the good work. :drool:

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Great thread :D I take it to fit the cooler requires air con removal, rad moved back choppin and grinding etc.
Can't believe how much space you made! I only just managed to get the Laguna in with a tub of lard and hammer lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Great thread :D I take it to fit the cooler requires air con removal, rad moved back choppin and grinding etc.
Can't believe how much space you made! I only just managed to get the Laguna in with a tub of lard and hammer lol

Yeah exactly that, no way would you be able to fit it without all that unless you made a custom crash bar.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I've been sat here wondering how the hell you squeezed that core behind there without touching the bumper and then the penny dropped - air con removal! Wish I'd binned mine now lol.

Nice one Phil, looking good. I remember my IC taking a long time to install neatly but it's worth taking the time to do it right as you say.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Well I have been running that cooler for the last 2 years problem free, so that says to me it can't be that bad.
Looks good phil, the coolers are a nice peice of kit for the money IMO, nice job of fitting it to a little more stelth than mine, lol.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just as a head's up to those wondering about ebay coolers or just wondering about having a custom one made, I advise you have a read over:

http://www.are.com.au/techtalk/intecoolersMR.htm
http://www.fromsteve.net/tech/Intercooler-Sizing-Design-and-Implementation
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2397978

I'm not snubbing Phil's choice at all, but people should think carefully before parting with their cash :)

Very true indeed, but for 90 quid delivered with very good quality (bar and plate, nice welds etc..) ill be happy for a while and if need be i can switch to a 60mm core from Forge which is the exact same size.

Oct 2, 2006
Looking good Phil your car is coming along nicely now and now you have a turbo that the car has been crying out for, good work mate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.