PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks all. :)

Got a few bits and pieces coming from Forge soon, MAP pipe with a 40mm take off (for the DV), loads of silicone hoses and a Supersize DV.

Quick pic of the TIP ill be making, up, MAF sensor housing will be custom made by Forge to the same size as an S4.

TIP.jpg

MAF still needs some work btw.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Phil, would the MAF sensor housing not be better as OEM style as possible? Just thinking about air flow, as that one you have there looks a bit restrictive?

There is one for sale on E38: http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=315064

Not sure what you mean to be honest. MAF housing internall is totally OEM spec.

The smallest diameter of the silicone hoses are 76mm/3".

The image shows it in perspective btw.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
76mm T-piece for the TIP turned up today.

Anyone know where i can get lareg P-Clips from to mount my walbro pump? Think i need ones about 63mm big.

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Placing my massive order with Forge tomorrow, so that should be 95% of the parts i need now to get it running again.

Sold the polished inlet plus a spare inlet this weekend and that has just been wrinkle sprayed so will be all wrinkly ready to go on this week with my injectors.

Just bought a universal K&N filter from OpieOils, 3" ID, 6" base by 8" long tapering down to 4.5", so a pretty big one indeed. lol.

This one...
http://store.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RC-5106

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2010
UK
i like that filter, im running a greenstuff but it looks like its been standing in the forest for years lol bits of leaves and that all over it.

how much you pay for that phill?

Jan 13, 2010
UK
you goin to be running a turbo jacket to keep heat out of the bay?

im finding everything gets red hott, whilst driving around and even after a hour or 2 parked up its still boiling to touch the rocker cover, iv looked into jackets but they seem pricey for what they are.

also whos mapping it for you, as id like to bring mine to get mapped and we can maybe see and compare results then as its pretty much exactly the same set up.

im wanting revo as craig is local to tweek it, iv no idea what map is on it at the moment "custom" i was told lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Im thinking about gettin the bonnet louvered to try and get some air back there to cool things down a little. Dont fancy the jacket as i want to disperse the heat and not retain it.

Will be going Revo Stage 3, but with an S4 MAF and 550's run at 4bar. But i will be taking with me a 3bar fpr and a 3" MAF, just in case.

Not sure when its gettin mapped yet, no point in you coming with me as ill be turning down the power a lot to run it for the next 6 months or so until i do the head work.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how likely is a stage 3 revo to match the components you are using Phil?
Is nick going to be available to adjust the map or will it be flash in a couple of previous ones in and hope they're close?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
how likely is a stage 3 revo to match the components you are using Phil?
Is nick going to be available to adjust the map or will it be flash in a couple of previous ones in and hope they're close?

Im hoping it will be close enough that we can tweak or speak to Revo about, i will probably load up the default Stage 3 map and reccomended settings and go from there.

Craig @ GotBoost will be talking to Revo about this as soon as im ready, so it might be a case of trial and error.