7 Speed DSG Torque - Can it can't it???

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
fair com :D i know the jurys out on the box, but id love it to prove a few people wrong in the long term. Namely the journalists who doubt and are blinkered. Hence why i keep an eye on the boc / cupra threads :)

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
The alloys on the red one like like the concept alloys!!

Aint they just the fr wheels, that's what they use abroad aint it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

What do the spacers do apart from increase the sound??

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Was reading the user manual last night which is unusual for me, anyhow it says the DSG in D mode changes down gears as late as possible to save fuel. As far as I was aware modern engines don't use much fuel when decelerating with no pressure on the accelerator and I'd always been of the thinking that when decelerating the higher the revs the better u were doing on fuel, in other words using the gears to aid breaking.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
when it changes down late, its at lower RPM, so when you next accelerate, you use less fuel because you are in a higher gear than if it changed down early - as in SPORT mode, so it does save fuel. Mini Cooper S ECU injects a little fuel on over run to get 'pops and bangs' through the exaust, but not on the Cupra.:(

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Ahh makes sense now. The reason i ask is cuz under breaking at times I override the DSG to use the gears to break too.

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Is their a way around the short delay u get on pull off with the DSG and how much would it cost just to have the automatic shift removed at the red line. A number of times now under heavy acceleration I’ve shifted at the same time as the car n skipped a gear, so frustrating.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Is their a way around the short delay u get on pull off with the DSG and how much would it cost just to have the automatic shift removed at the red line. A number of times now under heavy acceleration I’ve shifted at the same time as the car n skipped a gear, so frustrating.

You have to get someone to reprogram the dsg
One I heard that works is MTM, they do I together with the chiptuning
Dont know if you can get it done without the chiptuning

Does anyone knows if there is a separate CPU for the DSG ?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag

I've had this its a pain in the ass. There is really no need to rev to the redline in spot mode!! It should know the power band of the car and use it accordingly. That’s why I choose manual mode because I can feel where the power drops off then change gears.

ibizaracebrake, i'm sure a remap could add that little option for you, with a miltek could sound rather tasty :)

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Wish I could just walk in to my dealers n say I don't like this, DELETE. Jobs a good un. Will defo look in to having it removed. Anyone know if it a simple task as in cheap??

Also anyone have any news on the REVO map, release date?

dan_wilson87