7 Speed DSG Torque - Can it can't it???

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
I agree the DSG is outstanding, nearly perfect in my eyes. Had a number of cars try and push me into racing them, most aint even worth the effort, their was a W Reg Audi S3though which I beat off the lights and was equal with till I skipped a gear in tiptronic due to the DSG changing itself.

POLARBEAR666

The 7 speed has a dry clutch so it may have more issues with heat than the 6 speed DSG's wet clutch setup.

POLARBEAR666

General view is that it is weaker than the 6 speed but only due to the increase in gear ratio's without an increase in the gearbox case size. More gears must mean they are smaller / weaker.

The 6 speeds have been shown to handle 600hp with just clutch packs. There is a golf R32 in OZ that has a twin turbo kit and the HPA clutch pack kit and DSG flash. It does 3.8 to 100 and low 11 second qtr mile on the 6 speed DSG. So I don't think anyone is going to be breaking a 6 speed DSG anytime soon with a 1.4. If you are interested search for CITY PERFORMANCE R32.

The 7 speeds would still handle more than a 1.4 will ever make if they are even 80% as strong as the 6 speed. Stop worrying guys. The only thing that will break your DSG's is poor factory software / mechatronic going crazy / sensors breaking.

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
The 7 speeds would still handle more than a 1.4 will ever make if they are even 80% as strong as the 6 speed. Stop worrying guys. The only thing that will break your DSG's is poor factory software / mechatronic going crazy / sensors breaking.
This is what my instinct tells me as well from having a 0AM apart. If the 7 speed somehow was able to be taken to a point of HANDLING 500hp ...it would make for a very unfun car as to get 500hp out of a 1.4L motor is quite a feet and you will have such low driveability.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.