7 Speed DSG Torque - Can it can't it???

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
Looks like I wont be waiting for revo or milltek to bring out their products for the car...

No they've not taken mine in as a test car lol, I've decided to follow my heart and trade the car in for an S3, the bocanegra is a great car but I don't think it will ever be able to provide me with what it is I'm looking for.

I wouldn't say it was a mistake buying the car as I've enjoyed every minute of ownership(since December 15th lol) but I really am looking for a supercar chaser and hopefully after a bit of tweaking thats what I'll end up with.

I'm hanging around on here though because I'm so interested to see what people eventually do to their cars and no doubt the new owner of mine will pop up on here!
Plus there is the a lot of useful info at the leon section and maybe I can still contribute there seeing as my new cars engine is essentially the same as the new leon cupra-r.

Cheers guys :)

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Shame to see you selling ur Boc mate. At least your staying in the VAG group. It is frustrating having a car that at the moment is lim ited to what you can do. The DSG constraints are annoying too, but this car is individual. My car is mainly a step into the world of fun, hope your next car is for you.

Regards

ED

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Dont blame you mate. I was considering an S3 but the fuel costs would kill me (saying that the boc really isn't as good on fuel as i'd hoped). My next motor in 3 years time will probably be the new shaped S3 or Golf R20 tuned up :)

The S3's can be tuned to 360BHP with not crazy amounts of money having to be spent. You've got that amazing quatro system to get all that power down. Have fun!!

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Just a little something I noticed on another forum haha :seatgod:

Warning S3' Users. Don't under estimate the Seat Ibiza Bocanegra!!
Hi all,

This really amuses me. Was on a nice quiet B road last night then all of a sudden wham Seat up my chuff. Didn't realise what it was at this point. Floored it and I mean I flew through the gears and Wham Up my arse but I was pulling away but only every so slightly but was always moving away.

But this car is a very quick car and it made me chuckle, need a remap now me thinks.

Seat Ibiza Bocanegra 1.4 TSI 180 = weight of a go kart and much fun by the looks of it.

Dave

(audi-sport.net)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
yeah but remap the S3 and its go SO SO much more potential!

Had a little blast agains an Accord Type R the other day. (208BHP) couldn't keep with me. They are fast cars but no where near S3 pace.

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Ibiza Bocanegra: 1172kg Audi S3: 1495 kgs

An extra 323kg is like carrying 4 passengers compared to the Bocanegra but then it does have 81Bhp more and 4WD oh and a small matter of around £8,000

I do agree though Mardon theirs a lot more potential in the S3's engine than the Bocanegras. Think if u were just looking at an ECU map rather than other mods n if the DSG wasn't so restrictive there wouldn't be much in it still.

Anyone come up against a Clio Sport yet?

Last edited:

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
Ibiza Bocanegra: 1172kg Audi S3: 1495 kgs

An extra 323kg is like carrying 4 passengers compared to the Bocanegra but then it does have 81Bhp more and 4WD oh and a small matter of around £8,000

I do agree though Mardon theirs a lot more potential in the S3's engine than the Bocanegras. Think if u were just looking at an ECU map rather than other mods n if the DSG wasn't so restrictive there wouldn't be much in it still.

Anyone come up against a Clio Sport yet?

My mate has a clio sport 200, its practically neck and neck we tried so many times to see what car would pull away over short distances,long distances, motorways, country roads....still neck and neck,get the boc remapped though and I reckon it's a different story plus the clios can't really be tuned much but I suppose there not intended for drag racing lol.

The S3 is a different kind of car to the boc they both do different things and press different buttons,one thing in common is they are both amazing machines in their own right.

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
I know someone that owns a focus RS and wants to rae me when i get my boc because he believes it will be a tight race due to the power to weight ratio of the boc.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I think that would be interesting m12etm. TBH though i think that rs will run away, 300bhp is alot more that 180bhp hehehehehe

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
Yeahhh, i think we both know who will win, will be interesting though to see how i can keep with him.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Sorry I didn't have a camera to record, but I toasted a brand new Vauxhall Corsa VXR today in my Boc from some lights down the A449. The look on his face was a treat.

Yes this car is quick and a beast, but it's lack of tunability is holding it back slightly at the moment, still, best thing I've put my money down on in a while.

The vids above are great, especially considering the Golf is used as the benchmark.

ED

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Nah, it was an arctic/electric blue one. Dunno the paint colour's name. I wouldn't mind, but I was just going to work when he papped and pointed ahead. The fun of this car. Hehe.

ED

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.