R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
V good then. I thought they might ship them like that lol...

Gonna be ordering mine soon. Let us know about its performance once fitted :)

They do, mine looked like that when it turned up too. I bought one but never had it fitted due to the amount of grinding etc needed to make it fit, considering its a "bolt on" upgrade.
Have since sold it on to another forum member who was more willing to make it fit lol.

Good luck with the job hunt Damien.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
This one has already been bolted on to a mk4 Ibiza so I know it fits :) I'll be fitting it on 20th Feb.

Rich, you realy need a high flow mani mate. You should be pushing another 20bhp easy.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
This one has already been bolted on to a mk4 Ibiza so I know it fits :) I'll be fitting it on 20th Feb.

Rich, you realy need a high flow mani mate. You should be pushing another 20bhp easy.

I know, but I'm so short of money its unreal! I'm struggling to afford petrol atm, let alonemy insurance in March lol :cry: Would love to have one... When my car is paid off in July, all my student loan will be available for mod funds (exc. tax, insurance, MOT, servicing etc ) so we'll see what the next 12 months brings :lol:

At least you know yours fits, should be a great bolt on mod for you. You'll have to get your car RR'd at some point with no other mods done for comparison, will be interesting to see how it compares to standard. The extra bhp would be nice, but I'd love to have more torque, maybe 270-280 ftlb.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
My last RR result was 236bhp and 267lb/ft and I've done a little bit since then. New filter that released 16g/s and added another 0.75' of timing added (2.25' in total on top of the map :)) and a NewSouth power intake gasket, so I would expect to hit 240bhp and 270lb/ft quite easy now :D

Then there is the mani to add on top of all of that which could let me add some more timing with a bit of luck :)

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Sounds good. Do you expect any big gains with the manifold, or just lower EGT's? You seem to have done almost all the mods you can now, so maybe the turbo itself is the limiting factor now?

When you add timing, you use lemmiwinks right? Do you do that with a laptop? Just wondering, cos it seems really useful for things like adding timing etc. I don't really know anything about it to be honest, all I know is my laptop doesn't get on at all with Vag-Com lol :lol:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I'd expect 5-10bhp from just the mani. It should also give lower EGT's which should allow more timing too :)

Yep, all done with Lemmiwinks on tha laptop using my vag-com lead mate. Its very easy to use.

Yea, the turbo will be the limiting factor once the mani is fitted. Dont think I could justify the outlay for a hybrid (£600 for the hybrid turbo, £550 for mapping £1-200 for injectors, £30 for used MAF & £100 for unseen silicon pipes) for circa 30bhp....

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Hold on.

Ina told me they need no grinding whatsoever. Those clearance issues have been resolved.

I suppose everyone with their mani from the last group buy has no fitting issues???

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I'd expect 5-10bhp from just the mani. It should also give lower EGT's which should allow more timing too :)

Yep, all done with Lemmiwinks on tha laptop using my vag-com lead mate. Its very easy to use.

Yea, the turbo will be the limiting factor once the mani is fitted. Dont think I could justify the outlay for a hybrid (£600 for the hybrid turbo, £550 for mapping £1-200 for injectors, £30 for used MAF & £100 for unseen silicon pipes) for circa 30bhp....

Yeh, tell me about it :blink: Ideally, I'd do exactly what Robbie C is doing with uprated rods, and water/meth. If i had all that and a mani I think I'd be fairly close to 300bhp. Perhaps that'd make the whole hybrid turbo setup more justifiable, maybe not the cost.

My laptop uses Vista, and I can't get Vag-Com to communicate with my car :( would be pretty useful if it worked tbh! I'll have to get a new lead as I seem to have lost the one I bought before. I'm so disorganised!

Some LCR injectors for sale if you're interested btw http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2778124#post2778124

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
It did take me a long time to get it working though..

Have you read the guid? Clicky

Yeh I've read it. A friend of mine has had vag-com working on my car with his laptop.. He installed the drivers on my laptop and did all the necessary, but they just wouldn't communicate. My laptop is HP, can't remember what his is. My other half's laptop is a Dell and it wouldn't work on hers either! Very odd.

when you fitted your new south power gasket did you fit it with your standard inlet manifold gasket aswell?
just wondering as i ordered mine today so as soon as i get that on and my air filter finnally arrives i can get the stage two remap,im sure you ordered the last filter from green as i still havent got mine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.