7 Speed DSG Torque - Can it can't it???

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I believe you only get a full size spare wheel when you take the brake upgrade which would mean the standard brakes earn you the space saver wheel.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah thats why, to get the brakes done afterwards its only £800ish whereas if you get it as a factory option its £1k+

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I know and have been kicking myself for only finding that out now BUT once you get the brake upgrade after purchase do you not have to buy the full size spare wheel too? Would it not work out at roughtly the same price then?

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
The spare wheel won't fit over the Brake upgrade, the wheel is a 185/60. You'd have to change a rear wheel then put that on the front. A pain I know.

To be fair it only took me 5 minutes to put my refurbed wheel back on yesterday in the rain.

ED

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Fog lights not driving lights, driving lights come on with main beam not a switch.

Also spare isnt a space saver, its a full sized wheel, just not the same size as whats on the car.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
:wtf::think: Now i am confused. Why do they then say you get a full size alloy? Now i get it, the spare would be a steel one right?

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
I stand corrected!Although the bit about the wheel seems odd "full size but not the same size...." what constitutes full size if it is not the same size as the wheels that come with the car?

Back to the box,I wish the tuning companies would bring out there programs for the car,not even to get it done right away but just to know what their going to offer and how much it will cost!mtm have been sharp out the blocks but 1k is a bit OTT price wise

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
What I mean is the wheel is a propper steel wheel (rather than a skinny spacer saver). The idea is not to save space, just SEAT being tight nd only giving us four alloys, the steel is just a boggo standard basic spec Ibiza steel as fitted to a base model.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
that got me thinking, I've had the four alloys on the car done in gloss black...Might have have to get the spare done now!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Any chance of a nice pic of the wheels on the car from the side? I am considering doing the same but want to see it on a white car first. PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZEEEE????? :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Any chance of a nice pic of the wheels on the car from the side? I am considering doing the same but want to see it on a white car first. PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZEEEE????? :)

I have seen the pic's and it looks great. They are not my photo's to post though :)

Must say the xenon's make the black mouth look even meaner! There is literally no silver on them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members