Universal FMIC with pics

brad1

Ive heard that the bigger the intercooler, the more lag can be had, not sure how true this is tho

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
but surely a bigger intercooler offers more air cooling across the cooler. I bought one the same size as nev's going to be installing next week

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
but surely a bigger intercooler offers more air cooling across the cooler. I bought one the same size as nev's going to be installing next week

Yeah but if its too big then it will take longer to fill and then lag will occurr waiting for the pressure to build up.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
surely lag cant be that bad though considering both forge and pro alloy do stupidly big intercoolers and with the origional being 2 side mounted it would take longer than a single large cooler and also air is being forced through. I may be wrong and probably am but i would suspect it wouldnt.

:shrug:

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radiateur-d-a...ning?hash=item3a4f6fdf14&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

For the longer core, bit sneaky as its from the french ebay (saved afew Dereks), and fits perfectly behind crash bar (65mm)!

I did this a few months back, very little lag! Massive improvement, constant pull all the way to redline.

Few recomendations, dont bother faffing about with the fog lights, I spent a day on the near side (passenger) piping, triming it, bringing it closer to the chassis, when we should have really gone around and brought it out. Get shot, the housing is very deep and use the fog light hole for your 80mm air feed.

Also, match the pipes up true and square on, top to bottom without the silicone couplings, youl risk the pipes meeting at angles and risk popin off (I made this mistake). Secure top and bottom of the core 8mm bolts.

Preperation is the key and nevs guide to fitting is spot on!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radiateur-d-a...ning?hash=item3a4f6fdf14&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

For the longer core, bit sneaky as its from the french ebay (saved afew Dereks), and fits perfectly behind crash bar (65mm)!

I did this a few months back, very little lag! Massive improvement, constant pull all the way to redline.

Few recomendations, dont bother faffing about with the fog lights, I spent a day on the near side (passenger) piping, triming it, bringing it closer to the chassis, when we should have really gone around and brought it out. Get shot, the housing is very deep and use the fog light hole for your 80mm air feed.

Also, match the pipes up true and square on, top to bottom without the silicone couplings, youl risk the pipes meeting at angles and risk popin off (I made this mistake). Secure top and bottom of the core 8mm bolts.

Preperation is the key and nevs guide to fitting is spot on!

Hey mate this cooler looks interesting. You got any pics of it fitted to your car?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.