Universal FMIC with pics

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Cheers Adam, just need to decide on which cooler!

Would really prefer a UK based supplier over the french one in case of returns etc.

So which one do I choose? All the links on Nevs guide have expired..

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
|Thanks again Mark, what bends, connectors etc did you buy?

I've ordered the MAP pipe from Forge, I've ordered 10 x 60-68mm clamps from JBI (ebay seller). ALso ordered the industrial sized pack of JB-Weld for making the beads up. I will probably get the pipes powder coated like Rob did to further seal the cold weld beads.

I'm going to do my brake ducting at the same time, so ordered some high temp silicone wire framed ducting to go from the fog light apertures to the rear of my disks :)

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
after much struggle i ordered the £59.99 pipe set from the same website, i also ordered the forge map pipe and 2 or 3 additional 90 degree bends from them was gonna do it all 90 but wasnt sure if would work so im planning 45 degree from cooler with a 45 degree conector to 90 then instead of silicone hoses to inlet and charge im gonna use hard pipe and im changing out my charge pipe so hopefully will improve flow as wont be baffled. Shall need to wait and see. Just got to order some hose connectors which i think im getting from silicone hose vaia forge website and been looking at the malkor clamps same as rob but they dont seem cheap at all.

Sorry for the difficult read lol

Also i wana try and keep my fog lights. Bought the same grill as rob aswell as mine was smashed by flying debree so gonna open up the front aswell

Mark

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
no have had the cooler 2 months and went on a spending spree as im stuck offshore. do you have a link to where you got your clamps?

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
The core that i used from the french ebay is from a germany shipping company. Service was brilliant, tracking number and two day delivery. Cant wack it! However, the inlet and outlet is actually 2.25", as i had to use 2.5" reducers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-TURBO-INT...s_SM?hash=item2ea76bb490&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I used the above piping kit but bought five four ply 2.5 silicon connectors.

I have sprayed the core black as to achieve a not so in your face, look at me i have a big intercooler look. The one pic i have will be posted tonight.

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Sorry to hijack thread Brad! :rolleyes:
Il take one of it with bumper on when it decides to stop tipping down.

6320_129796815638_518850638_3692647.jpg

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
I would have bought the £59.99 kit as you dont need the two pipes that bend 180. so basically what your left with is the kit i bought. :blink:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah I bought the kit with rubber couplers then realised they were crap so replaced them with Silicon....the silicon I bought cost more than the £80 kt so you can't go to far wrong :)

Thats the same cooler I have to but mines got 3" inlet and outlet.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Ok, the time has come to order the kit! (gulp).

This the pipe kit I'm going to order :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-TURBO-INT...ash=item5d25d27882&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

This is the cooler I'm going to order :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FMIC-FFRONT-M...ash=item2ea77da411&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Can anyone spot any flaws in my plan?

so basically just to summarise, if i were to buy those two items, that would be EVERYTHING i need to get it fitted? costing me £133 instead of £750 from forge? (plus fitting)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise