Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Iirc Tall-Paul had a Hi spec brake kit on his hybrid Ibiza.

Those kits do look much nicer than the TT setup but I think they're overkill on an Ibiza…Unless you’re thinking of a huge power upgrade

He did have a high spec brake kit on his but I believe that they were actually smaller than the 312mm setup! I think they were like 310mm or something due to his 16 inch wheels....not too sure.

I was going to go for the ECS upgrade myself but the price put me off! To be honest, standard brakes are adequate no matter what power you go for - as long as you drive to suit the brakes you have.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
I quite like the FK grille. Have you thought about spraying the other grilles to match? Might look quite good.

Are the Comps that you've got on your car the 8j versions?

Ive thought about spraying them in the past but just trying to keep a standard look with
a few OEM upgrades if possible.

They measured at 8"s but ive heard they only came in as 7.5"s so not sure to be honest.

With the brakes im hoping for a few power upgrades nothing major, currently running im just a remap and i feel the standard brakes are a bit of a let down, plus i imagine the other two set-ups would look much better behind my alloys:p

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
car looks good, would look really good in proper dub style with some more smoothing.

Possibly side strips and rear bumper?

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Been thinking of going down that road but theres a few things im wanting to
sort out first, possibly next year:p

Most important thing right now is to try ant get it lower.:think:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Well not so much of an update but i took the car in this morning for the adjuster cups to be removed on the rear coilovers. It sits awsome with them removed wheel tucked up lovely inside the arch:D.

Downfall of this being the 20mm spacers had to be removed as it was rubbing like hell but also i cant get anyone in the back now.

So for the time being ive asked for adjusters to be put back in till i can come up with another plan:cry:.

Anyone got any ideas? im thinking shorter springs and a smaller spacer:think: but im not sure if an audio install would weight it down enough as a less complicated option.

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
lol:lol: trying to source spring caps so the adjusters can stay out, will just have
adopt a no people in the back attitude ha ha :D

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Really like the tt comps, look very classy, although I'd love your old fr wheels ;)

I need to get some spacers, can't decide which size to get, it seems the trend is to go for 20mm.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Most people go for 20mm as it forces the wheel out just right but i believe there are a few running 15mm kits. I orders the H+R ones quite pricey at £80 but does the job and gives you the required bolts with it. Someone should be able to confirm an ebay seller that does a similar hubcentric kit for about £50:).

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
No really an update more of a ouchy one:(

Was out yesterday for a drive after washing the car and it was looking pritty sweet
rear adjuster cups removed on the coilovers and 20mm spacers.

But when i was out i hit a pothole and there was what i thought a minor bit of rubbing at the time when it hit but when i arrived home I had the shock of a damaged rear arch it appears the wheel has came up on the drivers side and dented the arch lip inwards.

Totally gutted:cry: another thing to the fix list now pics will follow later.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Sounds nasty :( This is exactly what I was worried about if I spaced my rear wheels. I hope the damage isn't too bad mate

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Sounds nasty :( This is exactly what I was worried about if I spaced my rear wheels. I hope the damage isn't too bad mate

I've got my wheels spaced 20mm fella. I'm running similar height to you and i've had 3 people in twice when it's scraped and not done any damage! They're fine on these wheels. I think Audi wheels are half inch wider.....

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i think those audi wheels are 17x7.5?? rather then the octy 17x7's

which would explain the problem maybe change for smallers spacers??

thats only if iam correct after all and i wouldnt count on that :cartman:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.