DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
This is for Will

i Used the following On the charge pipe side:

1x 5mm Self sealing Bung £20 (merlin Motorsport)
1x 63mm Mandrell Ebay Kit Alloy Piping £70 Posted ( could be cheaper without the clips and bends ect)
1x 90 degree 63mm Silicone Bend with 100mm Legs £15 Posted (ebay)
1x 6'' 63mm Coupler £11 posted (ebay)
1x 45 degree 63mm silcone Bend with 100mm legs (ebay)
10 x T-bolt clamps £20posted (ebay)

Then you'l need a Mock up off the turbo Outlet to the Charge pipe.

Intercooler : £100 posted
You'l need coupler to go on the endtanks of the fmic..

Throttle bodie side

1x 3'' coupler 63mm (ebay)
1x 63mm t-peice for DV (ebay)
1x 63mm Forge Map sensor Pipe 63mm (forge Motorsport)
1m 25mm Hose for dv (ebay)
1x 135mm 63mm silicone Bend (ebay)

Me personally id try and get the rubber couplers and bends and also jublie clips supplied with the alloys pipe kit knock off as u wont use them anyway as the f**king SHITEEEE!!!!

Its really straight forward tbh...Just mock the kit up as u go along...I did...

Last edited:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
yup I thought so reuvers

Well got the new oil restrictor and Fitted it with a washer on to the turbo,Put i just screwed the Braided line straight on to the restrictor..

As i think it was the 90degree bit that was leaking oil So the metal braided line Misses the manifold by 6mm ish..
But i emailed ATP and i have to wait 5weeks for the part to even process then it will take up to 14days for it to be shipped..

And Cr turbo wanted £40 Inc vat to make me one up...
I let it warmed up and let the fans come on around 25mins sat at idle and there is Smoke coming of the full manifold but it aint coming from near the restrictor..

So im guessing the smoke is the WD40 i used when i was un-doing the Bolts...Plus it doesnt smell like oil either..So it seems its sorted...

:D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
danny, I'm not sure if its WD40, because whenever I take the manifold or DP off, I drench the bolts with WD40, but I think it becomes a vapour quite quickly. Meaning it wouldn't smell anymore when you put everything back together. At least I've never really had that smell?

hope its nothing serious though mate...

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
danny, I'm not sure if its WD40, because whenever I take the manifold or DP off, I drench the bolts with WD40, but I think it becomes a vapour quite quickly. Meaning it wouldn't smell anymore when you put everything back together. At least I've never really had that smell?

hope its nothing serious though mate...

WOoo Its fixed...

Started it up and no Smoke off the manifold...So looks last night when i let it get hot then turned it off it had dryed it up...

The oil restrictor isnt leaking either...Just waiting on the silicone pipe to come then it all gooD @D

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Bit of a update..

All is Working Really well and it the car Flying:D Ive replaced all my Pipe work Bends with silicone as i was Using some Of the rubber one supplied with alloy pipe Kit...

So im going to now sort out the small Niggles like Get my Downpipe Modded to Clear the Bulkhead as it rattles abit...OR sell the downpipe and Milltek system and get a full BF system...

Once the small jobs are complete its going in the bodyshop for a full complete re-spray to freshen it up :D

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
jobs down here must pay wank wages, how the feck you afford to spend so much money? pimping? man *****? lol