DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

ian_cupra

i doubt 1.4 bar will be held by any hybrid to redline, thats like saying you can get 300 bhp out of a k03s :roflmao:

jamiebennett81

Guys.... 1.1 bar @ red line is poor for a hybrid. A k03 or k04 hybrid will hold a minimum of 1.4 bar to the red line. Consider going kkk route before spending your hard earned.

this is with a 2.5" downpipe though, as found out to Bill's and my horror (was supposed to be a 3" pipe!!).....strangle point I am sure which is stopping more boost being held for longer

speaking with BF exhauts tomorrow to hopefully go up there and get the new DP fitted

Hopefully I will see an improvement. This was also with it in a poorly state i.e. leaks etc and still the breather pipes to be done (spraying oil everywhere, so its leaking) and I have been told from another member on here he lost a few psi due to this issue

when she is up and running well (almost there now) hopefully it can hold a bit more:)

ian_cupra

anyone who reads that, just run I tell you, run before he starts...............:lol:

haha some people make me laugh so much, i love bullsh1t

i might start some, my hybrid k03s peaks at 2.4 bar and holds 2.1 to redline :cartman:

jamiebennett81

i might start some, my hybrid k03s peaks at 2.4 bar and holds 2.1 to redline :cartman:

I was dubious about the statement holding more till redline....depends what redline is set at too as mine sits at 7200rpm

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
i doubt 1.4 bar will be held by any hybrid to redline, thats like saying you can get 300 bhp out of a k03s :roflmao:
My k04 Hybrid holds 1.5 bar to the red line (according to vagcom anyway). k03 hybrid uses same internals, so why is 1.4 bar not a possibility.:shrug:

jamiebennett81

My k04 Hybrid holds 1.5 bar to the red line (according to vagcom anyway). k03 hybrid uses same internals, so why is 1.4 bar not a possibility.:shrug:

not doubting it at all mate:)

as said, I am sure mine can hold more but has issues with leaks and restrictive downpipe (see what I wrote above)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales

Ian i'm a positive person so will not respond in a child like manner however,
if you have a hybrid and are not hitting similar figures try the following:-

a 3inch intake is a must all the way to the compressor inlet (even though the inlet may only be 2 inch), inconjunction with huge Jetex cone. (gained me 12g/sec)

Actuator spring tensions are seldom correctly set by the hybrid tuner, try increasing preload. (failing that an adjustable aftermarket Forge unit is highly recommended)

there is a tendency to clip hybrid turbines which can result in reduced performance....always ask to clearance of the turbine if possible.

Is your map requesting the goods.

Hope the above keeps you amused. :rolleyes:

jamiebennett81

I sure it feels a great upgrade to what you had before and really thats all that matters. I'm sure whatever tweaks you do will only enhance it further. It a lovely motor you have there. [B)]

thanks;)

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Not good mate

Only Saturday night that you were saying its running well so spent the hybrid money on clothes!
Just your luck that is!

jamiebennett81

Not good mate

Only Saturday night that you were saying its running well so spent the hybrid money on clothes!
Just your luck that is!

must be something in the water......mine was finally running right, and then the manifold broke

oh the pain.....

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yeah it speaks @ 1.4bar and hold 1.35bar at the redline...

Its all boxed up and with the right details and there picking it up wednesday morning between 9-10am...Then it will take 4 days all round then i can fit it..

Im going to get bill to tweak my map with Lemmiwinks and logs it so its all corrected with boost and fuel ect...

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
Yeah it speaks @ 1.4bar and hold 1.35bar at the redline...

Its all boxed up and with the right details and there picking it up wednesday morning between 9-10am...Then it will take 4 days all round then i can fit it..

Im going to get bill to tweak my map with Lemmiwinks and logs it so its all corrected with boost and fuel ect...

Just get rid of it and buy a 1.6 Cordoba instead. Brap

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.