DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right I knew that Brakes Had to be done Next as the Cheap OEM 280mm ones were terible...

So i looked and Looked for different setups from custom jaguar ones to r32 330mm conversion...
But it was just far to much hassle and i couldnt be arsed..

So i got Offered these Wilwood Supa-Lite 4pot Setup..

Wilwood 312mm Discs With removable Bell house 312mm x 28mm
Feroddo Ds2500 Pads
Goodridge Braided Lines
4pot calipers And carriers...

For a awesome Price...I got them and they were battered paint wise and Baked on brake Dust...So i started to Strip them down this afternoon and Refurb them..
As these are off ive ordered 8 New Piston Dust seals & boots for them...

Pics:
CIMG1062.jpg

CIMG1063.jpg

CIMG1064.jpg

2nd coat of yellow need another 2 i think...
CIMG1065.jpg

CIMG1066.jpg

CIMG1067.jpg

The Discs:
CIMG1068.jpg

CIMG1069.jpg

CIMG1070.jpg

Once these have dryed ive got a small tin of smooth black hammerwright and a fine artist brush so then i can paint the ''WILWOOD'' bit in black to make them stand out...
But i might also do the Supa-lite bit aswell to make it stand out behind my black rims..
Also got some VHT clear laquar also...

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Right I knew that Brakes Had to be done Next as the Cheap OEM 280mm ones were terible...

Finally :clap: Took you long enough to listen :D

When your painting the willwood bit in with the brush take your time, i know what your like with wanting things done, them bits i showed you on my rocker cover took an hour and a half to do so dont rush it and then end up having to start again

Very nice brakes though :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Theyre 32mm thick btw. Also, bill sells ds2500 pads for them as well.

I seen your other thread, i have no idea about the seals sorry.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
they my old brakes from benny??

really dont like them willwoods, very good at taking heat but not very nice pedal responce

to do the black wilwood writin, get 2"of silicone vaccum hose and trim it to a fine needle about 15mm at 1 end. works atreat

as for removing pistons, blow them out with an airline. get a stumpy blower and hol d 3 pistons, blow 1 till it s nearly out. then hold that 1 and 2 others and blow another nearly out. do themall.

then just wiggle all out by hand

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
they my old brakes from benny??

really dont like them willwoods, very good at taking heat but not very nice pedal responce

to do the black wilwood writin, get 2"of silicone vaccum hose and trim it to a fine needle about 15mm at 1 end. works atreat

as for removing pistons, blow them out with an airline. get a stumpy blower and hol d 3 pistons, blow 1 till it s nearly out. then hold that 1 and 2 others and blow another nearly out. do themall.

then just wiggle all out by hand

Yup bennys Old ones...

Yeah i had these on my 106gti and i thought they were outstanding tbh...

as for blowing them out..Were would connect it up..Not to sure what you mean...

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Im suprised they were sticking there were really coke up with road grim and brake dust...

Aright so i put aint down the braided line and the pistons will come out and there should be a rubber ring on them?

or does it go behind the pistons...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.