DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
lol funny page to the thread!

Good stuff you dont hang about do you.

Consant battery light on the dash means your alternator isnt charging your battery

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
So does that mean ive blown up my alternator? Or has a fuse gone?

Done nearly everything tonight And Moved some stuff and tighten and re-checked everthing was right and double checked..:D

Only thing left todo now is just solder the AIT plug up as it has come off its wirers...Which im waiting for curzon to come down as he is good as stuff like that..

Just oil cooler and MBC to get and fit now Then it can go for a map...Its ''SLOWLY" Getting there...Put am pleased that ive done it all my self...
It is before Fiddly and time consuming but defo a good learning curve:D

jamiebennett81

So does that mean ive blown up my alternator? Or has a fuse gone?

Done nearly everything tonight And Moved some stuff and tighten and re-checked everthing was right and double checked..:D

Only thing left todo now is just solder the AIT plug up as it has come off its wirers...Which im waiting for curzon to come down as he is good as stuff like that..

Just oil cooler and MBC to get and fit now Then it can go for a map...Its ''SLOWLY" Getting there...Put am pleased that ive done it all my self...
It is before Fiddly and time consuming but defo a good learning curve:D

I found the oil cooler receipt today mate, it's definitely a 13 row cooler:)

I will be looking to do the EBC this weekend, if you still want the MBC, unless in your lack of patience you have already bought an MBC:D

you will like the map from Will, nice and progressive and will get the most from your car

jamiebennett81

Nope i have havent bought a mbc yet jamie :D
So could ya please u2u me a price for the mbc and Oilcooler please jamie:D

Yeah just going to see how far wolverhampton is as im from manchester..

closer surely than driving from Surrey to Wolverhampton:)

I will do my hardest to get the EBC fitted this weekend mate, just for you!;)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I'd reccoment doing the drive to P-Torque Danny. I've just got back from a 480mile round trip to get stage 2 map. Very good map :D

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right my battery light is still on and tonight i was going to go out for abit in it...So just before i went out i was abit carfull as i felt something werent right so i started her up and then but heaters,radio,hids for around 5mins ticking over then the hids went out then the radio...

Ive checked all the fuses and there fine...so its either the battery or the alternator...What started it was when i was undoing the old OEM oil line and while the spanner was still on the metal nut it fit my alternator...and sparked...
The belts aint slipping either so is the alternator easy enough to fit?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Deffo a deat battery mate. Putting heater, HID's & radio on would of just drained the last of the life out of it.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Is all the oil that you spilt fully dry on the alternator mate, cause it probably not charging the battery, and since your batterys almost half dead from that fire it aint gunna help.
Only way to find out is swop the battery, if it don't work then its the alternator

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Your battery lights on constantly though so the batterys gunna be dead cause the alternators not charging it mate!

Last edited:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Try chanrging the baattery mate. Leave it on over night then test it before pitting it back on the car, you should see about 14v.

If you do get 14v then its deffo the alternator.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Test it with a multimeter mate.
179.jpg

Carge it over night, if you get 14v then the battery is not dead. It then means the alternator is dead as its not charging the battery.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members