Our Mk3 IHI'd Ibiza Cupra

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
its only got 1 mirror on lol but that will be coming off shortly and replaced by some standards or 2 stubbys if i can get them.

new pics now cooler is black has leon cupra r front splitter and a new polished inlet :D

CIMG8925.jpg

CIMG8923.jpg

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
tbh mate dont know what size the boost pipes are as they were on the car when i got it

dont know what you mean regarding (why i got split r?)

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Looking that way. Can't quite see the reasoning behind that.... :shrug:

i would imagine thats so they fit the pipe work from the turbo to the intercooler

but dont know why they are that big, not a concern as it doesnt cause any issues

Car now at auto electrician and should be back ready to rock n roll :funk:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
i would imagine thats so they fit the pipe work from the turbo to the intercooler

but dont know why they are that big, not a concern as it doesnt cause any issues

Car now at auto electrician and should be back ready to rock n roll :funk:

63mm is normally sufficient until quite high bhp - with that size it'll be adding to pressure loss and lag.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
but when you work out the science.....

the volume of air per second a turbo will shift (pretty much any, even a little one) is more than a few cubic cm's that you gain from bigger pipework.

hence why you can fit a massive intercooler to a k03 and not notice more lag (tried and tested)

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Got it back from the wiring god today so we now have

Indicators
Brake lights
headlights
a fully working set of clocks

all the wiring is in the correct place and ready for dash and plastic trim bits

Hoping the bloody weather stays dry long enough to get some work done on it this week while Lee is off work

pics of clocks and the new NEAT wiring :D

CIMG9006.jpg

CIMG9005.jpg

CIMG9004.jpg

CIMG9007.jpg

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Had our first major problem today ( well it wasnt major until we started it lol)

whilst trying to get the pillar trims fitted and seatbelts, discovered that the eye for the bucket seat was well and truly seized into place, after trying to lever it out as well as heating it up, wd40'ing etc decided that the only option left was to grind it off from underneath, as we NEED a rear bench and seatbelts it wasnt something that can be left.

So Lee set about grinding the underneath of the bolt off, which resulted in problem #1

He accidentally caught the main brake line from front to back of car whilst trying to get the bolt off.

So we now have a car that cant move due to cut brake line though on the plus side the bolt is out :lol:

Tomorrows job is now to get the bloody brake line repaired/replaced and attempt to get the rear seat belts in.

Need to find the catch that keeps the backrest of the back seats in place as we dont have one and it totally slipped both of our minds that we needed one.

Will get some photo's up tomorrow as we start to progress a bit more.

Putting off replacing the dash as need to get a heater matrix and motor, no point putting it in to remove it again really lol

More updates coming this week [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members