Our Mk3 IHI'd Ibiza Cupra

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
i really cant be bothered waiting just want to get it done ASAP and get it on the road! Hopefully will be taking it to Hull at the weekend for a run out, theres a show on that we are supposed tobe going to, dont know if it will be done by then though :(

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
:doh: I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon enough. Have you sourced all the interior now?

got all seats, need A pillar trims, carpet throughout and rear quarter trims as well as the seat pull clip things ( fab description eh lol )

Heater matrix and motor, centre console and thats it :D

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
very very nice! i must say, this will be great when finished, impressed at the speed your moving along like, it would probably take me a year to do what you have lol. cant wait to see it when finished! more pics please! :D

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Nice to see it's all coming together Lee (& Sarah). Have you managed to find some locating pins for the rear seats? If not I can look through my big box of bits to see if I have any... if not any Mk3 / Golf ones will do the trick.

For those who've mentioned the bumper and wheels, they are both off Andy Dea's car hence why they look the same!!

Nice to see the wiring come in use, did he fit everything you got off me or just the main dash loom?

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Nice to see it's all coming together Lee (& Sarah). Have you managed to find some locating pins for the rear seats? If not I can look through my big box of bits to see if I have any... if not any Mk3 / Golf ones will do the trick.

For those who've mentioned the bumper and wheels, they are both off Andy Dea's car hence why they look the same!!

Nice to see the wiring come in use, did he fit everything you got off me or just the main dash loom?

Got some today craig thanks, went up to veedubs in newcastle and got a shitload of bits for not a lot of cash :lol:

The wheels werent off Andys car? weve got receipt for them with Si's name on it :happy:

Will have some progress pics later on today as got quite a bit done now!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Ahh yeh, remember now Andy wanted near enough what they cost Si new. Think it was a lad off here from Newton Aycliff who got Andy's in the end.

Still Andy's bumper mind, with Si's additional holes.

Glad to hear the interiors coming along, gonna be a lil beastie once more by the time you've finished with it.

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Hes outside in the rain putting it back together lol
Craig do you use msn? if you do add us, could do with your expertise from time to time lol

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Well today should have some good pics as pretty much totally interiored up now :D needs a clean and polish but should be using it from Monday :D

thanks to black20vturbo for giving us the remaining trim bits we needed :D

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Well the interior is all now fitted, rear doorcards, A,B and C pillar trims, all boot trims

Everything apart from carpets rooflining which we still need, and front doorcards still need fitting ( theres not much point until we get new doors as cant open windows with doorcards attached

Dash is in, although it needs the heater vents still, and centre console is on its way, but we can use the car now and it doesnt feel as much of a track car anymore :D

CIMG9042.jpg

CIMG9046.jpg

CIMG9045.jpg

CIMG9044.jpg

CIMG9043.jpg

Not bad for 2 weeks work is it [B)]

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
grate progress its come such a long way in two weeks!you got one seat missing though

Last edited:

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
I'm going to dig this up from the dead as i now have the car. I bought it around this time last year and tbh its sat down my unit and has made no progress.
Basically what Dicko did to it in this thread has all now been removed and its back down to a non running stripped out track car. I work away a lot so dont really have time to crack on with it but i now have my new uncracked manifold that will be getting put on when i get home at the end of the month, a pair of cobra suzuka s seats, some schroth 6 point harnesses that need fitting properly. I also have a spec clutch that will be fitted when the standard one dies.

The car will probably end up going to andrew gallagher for a full proper weld in cage at some point in the new year when i can arrange to get it up to him and when it fits in with work.

So to sum it up

New manifold needs fitting along with the turbo etc
Cobra Suzuka S seats need fitting
Schroth 6 point harnesses need fitting
Spec clutch needs fitting (when the standard one dies)
Full cage needs fitting (possibly)
Bit more weight saving and general tidying up of the interior.

Cheers Mark

Ps i'll get some pics up when i get home

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.