Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
Hi mate, i see your car parked up in swinton sometimes on my way to/from work. I know Danny_Lad off here as well.

Hope you get this sorted out, looks like it's been going on for ages :(

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
dont think thats mine mate in swinton not been there lol.

yea i know danny to fitted his new ecu for him abit ago.

yea hope so been going on for like 6 months in total but no closer to fixing it ran out of money to try at the min so staying broke for the min :(

chris83

hi mate put my standard iar box on and changed my n75 valve and my car hasn't gone in to limp moge since !

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
hey guys

just an update was on in car other night doing some logs and im now seeing some cf's only about 3.8 on number 3,

iv changed spark plugs again and swaped coil packs around but they wont go away and its only on HB7 and T6 at the min, obv the cf's could be due to the overfuelling problem but its getting worse now cant even put part thorottle without it banging and miss fireing.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
not sure if you saw my thread - i had over fueling issues -

was seeing high cf's and then i got a constant miss fire on cylinder 1 - changed plug and coil pack over and still no joy

turns out the wiring was buggered - i cut the black plastic away from the wiring and opened the wires up abit and problem sorted - no more miss fire, now cf values - getting a considerable amount of fuel from my tank :)

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
no dident see that will have a look at that cheers.

You mean the wires that connect your coil packs dont you?

i used vag com to count missfire and was all over the place mainly cylinder 4 though.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
was out in car other night and the engine light came on though it finally gone started running funny but then light went off and was back to normal again check it with vag com got these fault.

16684 P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
16685 P0301 Cyl.1 Misfire Detected

cleared them aint come back swapped coil packs 1 to check if was that but still got same problem engine light hasn’t come back on yet though.

its getting worse now though i wouldn’t even get passed a micra doing 20 in a 40 zone other day with out it banging and miss firing sounds horrible and just so slow and un drivable really struggling with this now and been going on for months.

o and i checked the wires to teh coil packs none looked split as far as i could see.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I havent been back threw the thread, but have you checked/changed the plugs? if its throwing up that code i`d be checking all the things related to cylinder 1, coil pack/wiring and the plugs, have you traced the wires as far back as possible?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
was out in car other night and the engine light came on though it finally gone started running funny but then light went off and was back to normal again check it with vag com got these fault.

16684 P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
16685 P0301 Cyl.1 Misfire Detected

cleared them aint come back swapped coil packs 1 to check if was that but still got same problem engine light hasn’t come back on yet though.

its getting worse now though i wouldn’t even get passed a micra doing 20 in a 40 zone other day with out it banging and miss firing sounds horrible and just so slow and un drivable really struggling with this now and been going on for months.

o and i checked the wires to teh coil packs none looked split as far as i could see.

mine werent split either - they were just separated from each other as they were close together

my miss fire was only on idle - once i pulled off it went -

you could try(not sure if you have) swapping injectors over see if the miss fires moves across -

only thing i can think of after that is possibly internals -

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
iv changed plus like 3 times all new set of coil packs, will double check all wires again at weekend then strip the tape back.

not tried injectors though when i did missfires decection it was on like all cylinders not just 1.

yea thats the thing im thinking off :( but could be lambda or cat still.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Ive just been out in the car and When it comes of full boost it bang from the exhaust really loud...
But he can cure this by easyin the power on...
The boost gauge need goes mad When the banging starts and when i got out it really stunk...

Chris did point out to me a buldge in the cat like something is wedged there..
I think it has nothing to do with Overfueling tbh it does drive fine but when he comes on boost the car is totally different

i do have a video of it buts the sound quality is crap but u can hear it missing...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7S31Pkw8U

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
engine light came on again today flashed abit and then went off these are fault codes that came up seems to be getting worse now.

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 6K0 906 032 AA
Component and/or Version: 1.8L 20VT EU3 0002
Software Coding: 10500
Work Shop Code: WSC 78641
3 Faults Found:
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16685 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0301 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16687 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
P0303 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
could get some new plugs again, but am sure coil packs are okay have bought 4 brand new ones. dont want to buy more if its not them, it could still be lambda or cat though over fuelling it and making it misfire though couldnt it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members