Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Cars in awesome tomorrow to check for a boost leak and a new coolant temp sensor what else would you suggest to see if they can do while its there?

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Haven't read back through most of the thread, but have you connected something like lemmiwinks, or one of the other 'tweak' programs, and checked the values?

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
400px-Lemmiwinks.jpg

Values should look like that, you can always click the default button to 'reset' them anyway.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Cheers jester will check that one later also getting service kit for forge dump valve as simple thing to do awesome check it and no boost least.

was on phone for ages to Kev at Revo and he’s stumped on it so going to have ecu reflashed with lasted of stage 2 just to be on safe side did say could be a blocked cat but seems very unlikely especially with a racing cat.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Just been out in the car today and noticed something else, if you take the car past 3,500rpm and put your foot down it won't rev to the redline, it slowly creeps up, it feels like it doesn't want to rev. Anyone got any ideas what could cause this? Could be be due to over fuelling?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well last night i change the coolant temp sensor to rule that out but still had same problem also serviced my dump valve but doesent seem quiet rigth so sending ti to forge there excellant customer sevices as allways!

but i have my standard dump valve on which i think is knackered anyway but it seems to run abit better.

it couldent be the dump valve casue this problem at all could it?

May 2, 2006
naaaaaa, if the dump valve was goosed you would just get alot of chatter instead of your usual "whoooosh"

could be leaking but still wouldnt cause the problems your having i wouldnt think

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
ah was worth a try think dump valve aint rigth anyway as wouldent hold pressure all time on leak test.

its been pressure checked by awesome said no leak on intercooler system of tip.

stuck on it now really :(

May 2, 2006
ah was worth a try think dump valve aint rigth anyway as wouldent hold pressure all time on leak test.

its been pressure checked by awesome said no leak on intercooler system of tip.

stuck on it now really :(

where did the other guys say it was leaking from?

outlet on intercooler?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
under the battery he said.

think awesome said was a slight leak on the pipe the original pipe work that connects to the new pipe work but they did it up and dident leak but still same so dont think its that, plus on logs it meets requested boosta dn WG duty aint really high.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Well update for you had car in for ecu reflash today had it done but still no better and its had new coolant temp sensor new dump valave and pipework for intercooler all tidyed up so no leaks.

am really stuck on this now and getting proper fed up with it.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Not just Ibizas that overfuel!!!

Please forget logging 032. You can just look at the values for it after a long run, 032 just shows your primary and secondary fuel tweek after adjusting. These will be reset to 0 each time you clear an fault codes.

ChrsCurzon, your injector duty time looks high to me, i think, and i'm sure benny will confirm, that we see about 22ms at WOT.

SuperCupra, your maf isnt right, which is causing it to overfuel thats why your seeing -16.4 on your primary fuel tweek. Are you using a proper bosch maf?

And another thing, dont bother posting logs unless its in third or preferably 4th from low down to 6k+rpm without taking your foot off the pedal.

Phil, don't suppose you fancy looking at these logs for my LC which has a similar overfueling problem. Car has had new MAF, ECU temp sensor and front Lambda.

Mine has been pulling 9s on cylinder correection for some time now.

Ta
Matt

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150795

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
hey guys anyone know on what i should do next really stuck dont know if i should do the lambda and if i should do i change both of just the pre cat one?
some help would be good guys as no idea what to do now.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
thast what kev said at revo but pipewerx said they've never heard of a racing cat blocking before but could be only way to find out is to cut it open.

still no codes though

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
could be then guess only way to test that is to put standard downpipe on see if it still does it?

you think its worth changing the front lambda just to amke sure isent that?

May 2, 2006
lambda would normally throw a fault iirc, might be wrong tho
if you still got your old dp then swap it over and see if your problem is still their, worth a try

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.