Autogauge Oil Sender

Skorchio - Is your's an auto gauge gauge? If so where do all the wire's go? I've got 4 wire's off the back of the gauge and 2 wire's on the sender and 3 terminal's on the gauge.
I assume the white wire on the sender goes to the S terminal on the gauge and the black wire on the sender goes to ground in the same place as the black wire off the gauge grounds to.
Then after that i'm lost with the + terminal on the gauge and the Orange, Yellow and Purple wire's on the gauge.
Any help appreciated.
By the way i already have a gauge in place where i'm putting this one which i already have illuminated off the dimmer switch.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
OK thats what i was thinking. No it dont screw in all the way i was thinking of using washers with 2 rubbers to seal it. Ill give it a go. Just dont want it to strip. Might use some sealant to.

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Skorchio - Is your's an auto gauge gauge? If so where do all the wire's go? I've got 4 wire's off the back of the gauge and 2 wire's on the sender and 3 terminal's on the gauge.
I assume the white wire on the sender goes to the S terminal on the gauge and the black wire on the sender goes to ground in the same place as the black wire off the gauge grounds to.
Then after that i'm lost with the + terminal on the gauge and the Orange, Yellow and Purple wire's on the gauge.
Any help appreciated.
By the way i already have a gauge in place where i'm putting this one which i already have illuminated off the dimmer switch.

Havent got that far yet mate. I got it all wired in but ent connected it up. Going to try and get it dont today but it will be dark soon!!

Ill let you knows

sparky22

Yup it will go in, the allen key bolt is recessed back out of sight and if you do use it - do NOT put threadlock on the thread of the sender as it uses the metal of the filter housing as an earth :)

I ended up using a sump plug sender, main reason is when i do oil changes i have a tendency to drop the sump bolt into the oil tray - now i have a way to fish it out :)

hi mate sorry if yoy've been asked before but where do you get a sump plug sender from?

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Cheers mate, as much info as possible would be great. Also a pic of where you're putting the sender would be helpful.

You have to move the plastic cover thing and that metal thing it mounts on to. then remove the meatal cable holer (1 x 10mm bolt from the side) to get decent access to it.

Also cape the blanking bolt with wd40 and leave for 10 mins. then crack it off with a DECENT alen key. People have rounded it befor,...

ererDSC00073.jpg

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Also, i didnt get time to do it today :( I might give it a bash on tus night.. iirc you connect the white and green (i think green) wire to the sender.. then the black and red to + , - . all the sender is is a cased bit of platinum so wont metter which was round you connect the white and green..

Ill let you know when im sure tho mate :yes:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
You have to move the plastic cover thing and that metal thing it mounts on to. then remove the meatal cable holer (1 x 10mm bolt from the side) to get decent access to it.

Also cape the blanking bolt with wd40 and leave for 10 mins. then crack it off with a DECENT alen key. People have rounded it befor,...

ererDSC00073.jpg

great pic that mate,
that's going to help me no end when i finally stop being sick and get this done

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
even an arse to get to if you've removed all the bits

good point of ref having the yellow dipstick holder

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
man you lot sound like women o dont cut yourself lol

what you may find easy is to get an allen key that fits onto a wrech set no knuckles missing then

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
even an arse to get to if you've removed all the bits

good point of ref having the yellow dipstick holder

Yeh i included that cause som pics you think :wtf: where is that

Cheers for the pic mate, doing mine this weekend coming up. :D

Good luck mate. PM me if you have a proble

man you lot sound like women o dont cut yourself lol

what you may find easy is to get an allen key that fits onto a wrech set no knuckles missing then

Sprayed mine with WD40 and is cracked off nicely ;) no jokes please. Although my alen key was long!!! (at the time ;))

*Goes to shower*

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members