STRUTBRACER.CO.UK Warning...

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi all just brought a strut brace from strutbracer.co.uk off of ebay, and have a really bad experience, so just warning others of their attitude as you can see, and i've made nothing seem worse than what it was for the damaged bit, now sent back and awaiting reply

CONVERSATION STARTS FROM THE BOTTOM..

cheers all

There where a few more e-mails along the lines of abuse but i wont post that lets just say i would love to meet the aittiude individual.. :rifle:

FROM THEM

Hi

as I said to you before you returned it Rob, we do not refund any return postage like every other company.

I have checked over the brace and it is completely fine, there were a couple of very minor marks on it. We would have sorted this out by a discounted price had you kept the item.

The paint was fine as well.

Thanks

FROM ME

hi

i see you have refunded me the cost of the strutbrace, but was wondering
what about the cost of the postage??

FROM THEM

Hi

strutbracer
Unit 12A
Waterfoot Business Centre
Rossendale
Lancs
BB4 9HU

FROM ME

hi

well only cos i have been given the attitude so what is the return address?

FROM THEM

Hi

sounds like you have the attitude now Rob! all we have asked for is photos
of the damage so we can sort something out for you.

You seemed very uptight about the "damage" before but now you are saying
you cant be bothered to take a few pics? Doesnt make sense

Please return for a refund

FROM ME

hi

was going to but cant be bothered now, would rather buy one else
where and not get an attitude, where shall i send it then and will i get that
money refunded for sending it to you on top of what i have already paid
when you recieve item. it will be damaged as it was when i recieved the item?

FROM THEM

Hi

I thought you were getting me some pics?

> >we do not have a collection service sorry
> >
> >if you want a refund please return the brace to us new, undamaged, and
>in
> >original packaging
> >
> >Thanks

FROM ME

hi

i would rather you arrange someone to pick it up from mine please,
after thinking about it i'd rather you pick it up than resolve something
especially after the way i have been dealt with and the attitude towards me.

FROM THEM

ok many thanks, then we can decide how to sort it out for you

Best Regards

STRUTBRACER

FROM ME

will get pics for you tom

FROM THEM

Hi

please send me pics rob

Best Regards

FROM ME

how can you tell me there not damaged?? you cant even see the item front
of me, i must say im gob smacked at your attitude.

FROM THEM

Hi,

the goods are not damaged, if they are please send me some photos to
have a look at.
All the braces are manufactured using the same process and materials
Best Regards

STRUTBRACER

FROM ME

hi

fussy i hardly think so but if thats your attitude then fine you can arrange pick up im not paying postage for damaged goods.

rob

FROM THEM

Hi

it sounds like you are being very fussy and over the top to me!
Its only a strut brace! Never had a problem before in 1000's sold

If you are not happy please return it for a full refund

Thanks

Best Regards
STRUTBRACER

FROM ME..

hi

just recieved the item above, and am sorry to say i am not happy with the item one bit. i know it was late which was fair enough but the finish of it is awful there is lumps of metal all over where it has not been rubbed down properly and loads of chips all over the bar plus metal is inside and rolling around, gaps in the weld to, which sounds horrid.
i am really disappointed in the item and sorry to complain so much but instead of sending it back would you be willing to reinburse me some money on this item? or would you rather pick it up and
sort yourselves i can provide pictures if that would help

cheers rob

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I had a similar problem with this most inept of companies.

just spouted crap at me after ignoring emails....

not impressed

STRUTBRACER.co.uk beware

CupraMatty

Ive been told im Special?
May 31, 2004
Huntingdon, Cambs
shocking! id love to see my bosses face if i got into a discussion like that with one of our customers!

'the customer is always right'

you got any pics of the bad quality to show us all?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
tried to but phone couldnt pick up cos of light but there where a load of dinks of red paint taken out crap welds and crap finish and they talked to me like that i'd love to wrap it round his head..

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
they did get a bit shi:censored:y with you didn't they!
not very good customer service!

i have used strutbracer twice now, mainly because they are cheap! :lol:

the first it to a month for the brace to arrive.[:@]

the second time i bought the top & bottom brace combo for my MK.4 ibiza after first asking if it was a stock item and that i would recieve both of them in the stated 3 - 5 day delivery window, as i didn't fancy waiting a month again as i had in my first purchase.

3 1/2 weeks later :rolleyes: after 6 or so emails etc they arrived.[:@]

i can only assume that they place firm orders with OMP and they are made to order. :shrug:

can't really complain about the finish or quality as both seem to be fine (speaking as an engineer ;)).

so imo, delivery times are shocking and by the sounds of it their returns policy isn't as welcoming as they claim!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
You should email them a link to this thread! Word of mouth is everything to companies like this, and I think it's fair to say they wont be getting much business from Seatcupra.net members in the future.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I steer well clear of these cowboys in the future :yes:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
i know what you mean rob did think about it, and wanted to leave really shitty feedback but they could just do the same to couldnt they??

i paid for item then a week later they tell me its not in stock and coming from italy so another week wait or so, but yeah comm's is utter sh*te!!

avoid just incase you get a crap item

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
but they are omp ones, watchdog to umm more ideas lol

well i've paid for return and asked for that to be refunded so will see if they do if not link will get sent

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i paid for item then a week later they tell me its not in stock and coming from italy so another week wait or so, but yeah comm's is utter sh*te!!

because i had the exact same email............ TWICE!!!! :lol:

All products are lead timed - I guess they have no 'cash' so take money to pay money

but if you are a supllier of a product surely you would have a standard 60 day or some companies prefer even a 90 day account. :shrug:

even so they advertise that most braces are delivered within 3 - 5 working days IIRC, this isn't true! :ban:

unless they have changed their ad to say "most braces are delivered within 3 - 5 working weeks"!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If they advertised the correct lead time people wouldn't mind, but if they are consistently saying 3-5 days when in reality it's weeks, that's not on.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i have no experience of this company whatsoever and i dont want to start an arguement here but im going to play devils advocate a little and say perhaps you should have provided them with pics moff.

yes, their attitude was bad but they did ask for pics, perhaps if you had provided them they may have paid for you to return the item? I feel you yourself got a little agitated and didnt give them enough of a chance to do the right thing.

like i said though, i dont want to start an argument im just trying to put a little more balance into the issue.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
tbh I think this explains the quality of they're strut braces...you buy cheap strut braces, expect cheap quality

like i also said though, the paint finish and quality seemed fine on the ones i bought and i'm a fussy git!

i rang jabba up last week after taking delivery of my rear ARB:funk: (which works a treat BTW) and discovering a shocking paint finish! [:@]

i was lees than pleased with their finish quality, especially as it wasn't cheap!:whistle:

Last edited: