tracking

JAFFA

Jul 1, 2006
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
i took my lcr to seat today to have the tracking checked they said it was fine and all the bushes were ok but it still pulls to the left they said this is how the camber is supposed to be. Does anyone elses pull or is there something wrong?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
My LCR does exactly this....i went and had four wheel alignment done, tyre pressures, the lot, adjusted the toe whick has made it a little better, the stearing wheel sits a little off centre too now as well. I have not hit anything etc, only done a trackday, so it may be the bush's or something??? if anyone could solve this i would be most interested to find out why..

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
Def a common problem as mine does exactly the same thing. Had the tracking done couple of weeks ago, a lot better now but still pulls slightly to the left

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
when i questioned this with the original owner he said it had done it from new

probably to compensate for torque steer!

.....would the tyres wear uneven?

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
As said if in doubt have a full Lazer 4 Wheel alignment done, costs about £35-£40 plus extra if adjustments are needed.

I always have my cars done at a local place by me and it costs about £50 with a full colour b4 and after printout of all Camber Angle/Caster Angle/Thrust Line/Front/Rear wheel Toe/Wheel Set Back/Centering etc.

Oh and the steering wheel is always straight after, unless you are on a camber'd road ;)

If you are from South Wales then this is the place.

http://www.mototec.co.uk/

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
I thought all cars pulled slightly to the left, supposed to stop your veering into the middle of the road into oncoming traffic if you fall asleep at the wheel?

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I thought all cars pulled slightly to the left, supposed to stop your veering into the middle of the road into oncoming traffic if you fall asleep at the wheel?

I've never head anything like that before,
I've driven a lot of new cars, non of them have done that.

is this something you thought, or did you acutally read that somewhere?

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales

I had an Audi salesman tell me this because the steering wheel wasn't straight he said this was so it would pull to the left to stop you hitting oncoming cars, biggest load of shite I ever heard and could not stop laughing at him.

Poor excuse for not be bothered to get the techs to Beisbarth Tracker the car and sort it out :no:

The place I use now for tracking also had a laughing fit when I told them what he said :cartman:

I have had plenty of new cars and as said none of them have done this.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.