Team GTR - Leon Cupra R

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I'm not sure how to explain it in written word's but I'll give it a go, the OE design TIP has a more gradual reduction insize from the MAF to the Turbo, so in my mind the airflow would be smoother, the 3" one I can see haveing a bottle neck effect to the airflow, I'm not douting Bill design it's just I'm not convinced yet !!!

I'm out Saturday morning and then I'll be at AmD hopefully by about 1ish

Yeah I know what you mean mate and I thought similar things also don't worry. Personally if my car was at your stage where you have done all the stage 2 mods and fully mapped now I wouldn't have gone for it. Would seem like a very expensive mod however bare in mind my car is not mapped yet so I am going straight to stage 2 so worth the try in my opinion.

I will drop you a message over the weekend mate, be good to have a catch up also ;)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
From the rear and along the side of the car from front to back if you dont mind. Just interested as to how it looks on a car at standard ride height as mine isnt lowered! (yet;))

Cheers mate!

Been looking at some pics I had of the car and found these which show the spacers on the rear. These were taken when myself and a few others went to Ultimate Street Car at Santa Pod

Standard LCR Height
P1040011.jpg

P1040006.jpg

Lowered
P1030801.jpg

P1030794.jpg

Ok I have a confession the lowering wasn't down to any suspension mods :p
P1030793.jpg

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers mate, much appreciated!

One more thing, in your opinion have the spacers improved rear stability/overall handling or are they purely a visual mod?

Good effort on the lowering:D

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
In all honesty, it made a slight difference but nothing drastic. I think it will add to the overall handling once I get the ARB's on and lower it on the stiffer springs. Car does feel rather light at the rear as I have taken the spare wheel out so the spacers have helped keep things in check a bit more

skylion

Thank you Mr El for letting us use that big booty space in the back of your Leon Cupra R, otherwise we'd all be sleeping in our cars, with no food and no water.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
In all honesty, it made a slight difference but nothing drastic. I think it will add to the overall handling once I get the ARB's on and lower it on the stiffer springs. Car does feel rather light at the rear as I have taken the spare wheel out so the spacers have helped keep things in check a bit more

I'll probably wait to see if I ever lower the car before I get spacers then, cheers for the info and the pics! :D

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Lovely looking lcr mate with a great selection of mods too. I look forward to future updates!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
@Poverty Interesting event, sure they will be up for that nice one mate.

@h7 cya Thanks for the comment fella, getting there, slowly but surely :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Any other upgrades at this point? LCR Handling

I am going to be doing some work on the cars handling soon and wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should get any other bits done at the same time.

Work which is going to be carried out are:

Fitting Weitec 40/40 lowering springs,
Neuspeed Rear ARB,
R32 Front ARB,

Dog bone mount has been changed to a THS one. Do the OEM bushes need changing or recommended to be changed at this point? If so which ones would you say need changing and which ones to go for.

Car is a 05 plate around and done 47,000 miles and not too much of a hard life ;)

Cheers in advance!!

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Looks like my question I posted in the Leon Mk1 section got merged here :shrug:

Anyway, yeah was thinking polybushes but the full kit for the car is around £200+ so trying to put this in level of priority. Which ones to definitely do now as the suspension work is being done and those I can do easily at a later date

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I'd strongly recommend upgrading the wishbone bushes to Powerflex (or similar). Changing the engine mounts will also improve handling.

You wouldn't particularly save money by doing these at the same time as the other suspension work, but you'd need alignment re-doing each time, so you'd save on that doing it all at once. :)

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I'd strongly recommend upgrading the wishbone bushes to Powerflex (or similar). Changing the engine mounts will also improve handling.

You wouldn't particularly save money by doing these at the same time as the other suspension work, but you'd need alignment re-doing each time, so you'd save on that doing it all at once. :)

Thanks mate will have a look at getting the wishbone bushes done at this time ;)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I will check them out, cheers mate.

One thing I do need to keep in mind is that I don't want the ride to become too harsh hence why I have gone for springs for now to see how I get on with these. Daily driven car on coilovers...........hmmm not right now thanks. Need to try and establish how much harder the ride will become with powerflex bushes and these top mounts

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Ok so the work to the car has been pushed back a little as I need to get a few more bits together and makes sense to do it all together.

Ordered the LCR front Ultimax discs & Motul RBF660 brake fluid from Bill at Badger5. Also ordered some new top mounts from David at Sere Motors. Also got another set of 15mm spacers to put on too. Soon as these are here it's time to get down and dirty and get everything put on the car with some major help from my mechanic buds :D

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.