Seat Leon Cupra Rear diff problem

Nov 29, 2022
Hello.
Its a 2019 car, and 115000km on it.
I wanted to find out how many people have had problems with they rear diff right bearing.
I hear a hum from the rear right at 80 to 70 km/h on decelration. It s not the wheel bearing. And new tyres are installed.
I have done rear diff oil change, old oil was like new... (yes i know there are two different oils, dont bother to teach witch is witch)
I talked to the dealer, they haven't heard of any problems with gen5 rear diffs. Asked is there any recalls, there is not.
But if you google it, there is quite a lot of problems with the right bearing of the gen5 diff on different vag group cars. No huge mileage cars!

Sry for my bad english...

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
You have a car with a Haldex in the rear axle?

Are you aware that only changing the oil for the Haldex (as per VAG's recommendation), you need to remove the Haldex pump (so two additional 'O' rings are needed) and clean the pump's gauze filter. Forget the VAG service recommendation and do it every 20,000 miles (32,000 Km), failure to do so results in strange noises and expensive repairs.

Nov 29, 2022
Omg, dude. Just writed that i know there is two oils inside. One is haldex side and other is diff side....
I am not talking about the haldex noises!
Please read my text again. And try undrestand what im talking about.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.