Engine Swap

Jul 17, 2022
Hi All, i have a seat leon 2019 1.5tsi manual, engine is a goner due to a front end collisions. I have found a replacement engine complete but its from an automatic car. Engine code is DACA.

Do you know if this will cause any issues if i buy the engine from an automatic car and put into my manual?

Is there something else i need to do, i’m presuming i need to remove the flywheel off the new (automatic car engine) and put my flywheel and clutch onto it? Possibly spigot bearing?

Is there anything else that i’m missing and does anyone know if anything else will be different or should be drive/run as a manual engine fine?

Thank you

Miket

Mar 31, 2023
I have rebuilt many of the VAG damaged cars and never had a car that the engine is toast, the nearest was a golf gti that lugs for the power steering had broken off, but I just put manual steering on that one, in most cases today all the front components are plastic and when you’ve removed and replaced all the damaged bits it’s all good to go again, but if you think the engine is beyond repair then all you have to do is get the engine with the same code and you may have to change a few ancillaries such as clutch etc.
but I saying that the most common bits to break are engine mounts, dogbone and the gearbox as all of these bits are aluminium

Jul 17, 2022
Hi mate. Thanks for the reply. So basically the engine went back as it broke off all its mounts and was sat on the subframe. Front Intercooler and intake manifold damaged, the turbo bent and bottom of the engine has a huge crack along with a damaged sump. The bottom crank pulley also bent slightly. So rather not risk replacing each bit and just put another engine in, much easier and cheaper.

Have you ever done engine swap but the donor engine being an automatic with it going into a manual car? Any issues or is it a straight enough swap?

Reactions: Walone

Miket

Mar 31, 2023
Hi mate. Thanks for the reply. So basically the engine went back as it broke off all its mounts and was sat on the subframe. Front Intercooler and intake manifold damaged, the turbo bent and bottom of the engine has a huge crack along with a damaged sump. The bottom crank pulley also bent slightly. So rather not risk replacing each bit and just put another engine in, much easier and cheaper.

Have you ever done engine swap but the donor engine being an automatic with it going into a manual car? Any issues or is it a straight enough swap?
Yes I have swapped engines, suggest if you’ve got to go that road, get a engine with the very same code, use the original ecu as its coded to other parts in the car, sit the two engines side by side and look for difference, if you find any try and use the bits from your original engine, and whist the engine is out check the chassis legs and front sub frame

Reactions: mty12345

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
As above - keep it simple - and replace with exactly the same engine code. Just the mechanical parts and hopefully you can re-use the electricals.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members