Phoenix's Project Blueshift... (INCIDENT!)

Deleted member 48395

The boot and footwell lights look brilliant! How did you do those?

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
The boot and footwell lights look brilliant! How did you do those?

Thanks Gez. :)

Irie, My footwell lights were using LED strip lighting, wired into the dimmer switch. I used the thread on wiring up your boost gauge for it. I'm going to add a switch in to turn them on and off too. Very discreet and bright too. The boot lighting is a bit of a bodge at the moment though... Need to sort it out. They're neon lights.

Thanks for your comments. :)

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Well after a great day out with the local Dub-boys for some rolling road action some new pics for your eyes.

2011-05-14100412.jpg

2011-05-14100245.jpg

Figures came out with 201 bhp and 237 lb/ft torque... bit disappointed by the horsepower but the torque figure made up for it. And it was a 4th gear run as i was spinning the rollers up in 3rd. New tyres going on next week to combat that though and hopefully help me get the power down.

Then it's Project Blueshift on hold for a few months while i save for some coilies. :D

A few tidying touches till then, colour-coding the dash, a few electrical modifications, and general cleaning and tidying of the engine bay.

Enjoy!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
sorry to hear and see this dude :( hopefully she will have a speedy recovery, but more importantly are you ok?

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I'm fine... more pride than anything is hurt at the moment. I hit my foster parents' 2 month old X-Trail... things are awkward at home at the moment. Feel like poo if i'm honest.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Cheers guys.

Once it's all sorted out i'll see about getting a little runaround for a year then look at another Leon maybe. I've had a lot of bad luck with this car to be fair. :(

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
It does suck mate, but you'l make more braking it, £3-4 K breaking it!

That way you'l be able to buy a mint LC or a LCR!

Hope it works out and your folks are understanding

t32er

i need to ask, how did you manage to hit ya folks car??
i think breaking it is the way forward on this one though...
on a plus im sure if your wanting another leon you could swap stuff over from car to car, you may make less on the breaking that way but will cost a lot less on the modding side of things.

as long as every one was ok, it doesnt matter what damge was caused to the cars!

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
i need to ask, how did you manage to hit ya folks car??

Unfortunately the accident was my fault, although technically the guy that pulled in front of my folks was to blame for causing this, but you can't really argue when you hit someone in the back. They pulled in front of my folks, i was just a little bit too close and due to the fact my vision was away from the wheel for less than 2 seconds to push a button on the stereo by the time i looked up they were nearly stopped.

Insurance will be grumpy with me for a couple of years i think so i'm gonna go back to a little economical runaround while this gets sorted. I didn't claim for whiplash i didn't have though so morally i've been a good boy lol.

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
Damn Jim what's happened there m8 that sux :<. Have to sell me some bits m8 I am going to modify my car very shortly currently its still standard "other than the bypass we did at Ipswich RR" I enjoy it as it is but deffo going to fork out on it before xmas, real shame this shocked me as it was looking great.

I am also looking to get to one of the next events when 1 pops up so if your about I could take yah :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.