L.R.C. Mk3 Cupra Project

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Thanks Kyle.

I havent log a Forge one, but my Toyosports rocks. The max temp difference i have seen is 10c over ambient.

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Thanks Kyle.

I havent log a Forge one, but my Toyosports rocks. The max temp difference i have seen is 10c over ambient.

I've seen then Toyo sport ones on ebay for around £110 compared to the £180 the Forge 100 uni series is going to cost me.

I was worried about the performance of the Toyo one but from the result you have had makes me think differently and re-evaluate!

what pipe size are you running mate the 63mm, 60mm or 57mm?

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I've seen then Toyo sport ones on ebay for around £110 compared to the £180 the Forge 100 uni series is going to cost me.

I was worried about the performance of the Toyo one but from the result you have had makes me think differently and re-evaluate!

I also have the same 3" toyosports cooler and the quality is really good

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007

63mm piping but the outlets on the toyo are 76mm

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Car has been to engineer for upgrades:

Exhaust Cam
Forge Actuator
Port/Polish exhaust manifold
Port/Polish Exhaust Housing
Quaife LSD

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Cupra is ready. I just came from the garage.

Things that i did:
Quaife LSD
Kevlar/Ceramic Clutch
High Clamp Pressure Plate
Port matched exhaust manifold
Port matched exhaust housing
Forge WG
Turbo and manifold are machined to run without gasket

First thing that i noticed is that i had an exhaust leak that is gone.

When i drove the car i felt that has gained some low end torque.
Boost pressure is 1bar with profec closed.
Clutch is pretty strong and the pressure plate needs more force, which might be tiring for everyday use.

Now some Quaife review, even that i need new tyres, wheelspin is reduced!
No more one side wheelspin, car spins both wheels equally, so equally that goes completely straight!!!
I cant wait to test it with semi slicks in corners.

Camshaft (and more...) will be fitted in September as the garage owner went for vacation...

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
More testing:

I think that the port matching had good results, with ambient 30c i saw 840c EGT with 5th Gear at 6500rpm, with lower gears the EGT was pretty lower.

The quaife rocks, even with the crappy tyres when you go full throttle in a corner it pulls you to the inside, no more understeer!

Its a bit awkward to drive it, as i am not used to run flat out throught corners because of the wheelspin-understeer but quaife needs to be driven in such way to work properly.

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Cupra gearknob is worn so i bought the Seat Sport half leather/ half aluminium version
pt no. 6L0 064 325 A

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.