Toyo R888's

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Custardcupra tried to fit 215-55-16 R888's on to his Seat sport OZ super T's, they were to big and catched on the arches but 215-40-16 T1-r's were not a problem. Does anyone know if 195-50-16 R888's will fit and would that size be safe on Seat sport OZ super T's.

Cheers

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
R888's have a much squarer sidewall than normal?

I've run 205's & 195's of 'normal' tyres on a 7J rim both not over hanging for info

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
they last about 3 weeks, and don't even think about using them in the wet. My mates 206 would spin the wheels in 4th at 60 odd mile an hour when not trying,

Nice for track use but shiite for road use, oh and they are very very noisey

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ant FR said:
they last about 3 weeks, and don't even think about using them in the wet. My mates 206 would spin the wheels in 4th at 60 odd mile an hour when not trying,

Nice for track use but shiite for road use, oh and they are very very noisey
mrsB wont use anything but R888's.
just had to fit some more on her car as she hated T1-R's (did'nt like em either)

Fine in wet or dry, winter or summer.
not long lastingbut great and grippy and good strong sidewalls.

50 profile might still be an issue as these tyres seem to be on the larger than advertised size and have very square edges

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
t1-s were good, t1-r are dissapointing.

R888's are excellent.
bought mine thru Camskill - get a frequent buyer discount now lol

Addo

i bought Goodyear f1's for the first time ever and christ they are f*****g dangerous to put it mildly. What a complete disapointment. :censored: i thought Toyo T1S were the chepster of the tyre world hence the price difference. but i've ran toyo t1r's & t1s's for some time now and they're great incomparsin.

How much are 225 x 17 r888's ?

Addo

r888

MODEL NAME

TOYO TYRES / TRACKDAY-TRACK DAY / TOYO R888 - TOYO R 888 - 225/45R17 89W

PRICE

OUR PRICE £170.00
SPECIAL OFFER £137.00
19% Off; Saving £33.00
*€249.90 approx
CARRIAGE: Add item to Shopping Basket to show carriage costs
(you can easily remove it)

is that the cheapest place to purchase these from guys?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Addo said:
i bought Goodyear f1's for the first time ever and christ they are f*****g dangerous to put it mildly. What a complete disapointment. :censored: i thought Toyo T1S were the chepster of the tyre world hence the price difference. but i've ran toyo t1r's & t1s's for some time now and they're great incomparsin.

How much are 225 x 17 r888's ?

If the F1's were new, bed em in first!

Eagle F1 GSD3 is a better tyre than T1-S in my experience (especially wet grip)

Addo

ibizacupra said:
If the F1's were new, bed em in first!

Eagle F1 GSD3 is a better tyre than T1-S in my experience (especially wet grip)

its the amount of roll roll iv'e got by fitting them on,its serously nasty. example cruising at 70 mph and if you turn to overtake of come off a junction its scarey. You get the feeling the back end is going to fling out and you going to end up in a spin. the worst tyres i've ever had ~ comparable to my old landrover's cross ply and i'm not joking.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Addo said:
its the amount of roll roll iv'e got by fitting them on,its serously nasty. example cruising at 70 mph and if you turn to overtake of come off a junction its scarey. You get the feeling the back end is going to fling out and you going to end up in a spin. the worst tyres i've ever had ~ comparable to my old landrover's cross ply and i'm not joking.

what size you got and on what size rims?
yours got the rim protectors?

what tyre pressure?

no roll on mine when I ran em on 215-40-16 on 7.5J rims @ 35psi

Addo

ibizacupra said:
what size you got and on what size rims?
yours got the rim protectors?

what tyre pressure?

no roll on mine when I ran em on 215-40-16 on 7.5J rims @ 35psi

Wheel spec 17" x 7.5"ej

Tyre spec 215 x 40 ZR 17 83W

tyre pressure 32 psi

the rim proctecters seem huge also, but i didn't have a choice when purchasing them though. they look the business and for £60.00 per corner believe me i want them to work. maybe adust psi to 36psi

Addo

i'll check all tyre pressures again tonight failing that i'll need to check roll bars

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Madmile: Did a search on this thread wile back ago, didnt get any ideal answeres thou, but came up with -Yokohama A048 (spescial lotus edition) 195/50 16" The tyre looks wicked and from what I heard it beats the h... out of r888, but then again its a lot more expensive.

Prebs

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
from what ive heard off people who have used them, they are pretty poo on fwd motors

OvniAl

May 15, 2005
Addo said:
i bought Goodyear f1's for the first time ever and christ they are f*****g dangerous to put it mildly. What a complete disapointment. :censored:
QUOTE]

Not sure whether it matters or not, but are they the Made In Germany one's, or the Made In China one's? :think:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
im think of new set of rims... and i was gonna get eagle f1 GSD3's for them but after readin this thread im thinking maybe not:blink: .... looks like t1's then as ive ran them on my old 205 gti they was grippy but didnt last long:think: